Page 1 of 23 1234567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ 858 Magwell adapters.

CZ 858 Magwell adapters.

We have just received our first shipment of the long overdue CSA Polymer mag well adapters. Price $85.00. Our first impressions are mixed, I thought they were better than I expected. They include a modified bolt release catch that should hold the bolt open after the last rd is fired. I have concerns that if a mag is rammed in hard when the bolt is locked back the polymer retaining lips may be broken, only time will tell. I have concerns that the bolt hold open catch will have enough spring power to eject an empty mag, again time will tell. These adapters appear flimsy but these are my first impressions only. On all the early guns the front of the mag well on the rifle will need to be machined to allow full insertion of the magazine.

I do not see any reason why these mag well adapters will not work in an CZ 858 but extra machining will be required at the rear of the rifle mag well in addition to what has to be removed from the front. On the rifle I looked at the bolt release catch would also require some additional fitting.

We have had to wait so long for these CSA adapters that we have already taken the initiative and commissioned Brugger & Thomet to manufacture their own Mag Well adapter, the B&T adapter is unique to them and they are machined from Aluminum. Hopefully we will see them before Christmas. These have been designed to be used in the 7.62x39 CZ 858 using the 10 rd XCR Pistol magazine. There is no bolt catch when using these, but then the AK47 never had a bolt catch. We see no reason why this should not work in the CSA rifles in .223 using the AR15 mags. We have plenty of 10 rd mags in stock, in both calibers, price $29.95. We do know that the adapter will require a small amount of metal to be machined out of the front of the magazine well in the rifle, we are hoping that this a DIY job, but no details at this time. After this material is removed it will not stop you from using the original mags when the mag well adapter is removed and the original mag catch and bolt release is reinstalled. We anticipate the retail to be $185.00.

Brugger & Thomet - CZ 858 Magwell adapter.

We will post more information as it becomes available.
    Last edited by Mr Wolverine; 12-22-2011 at 10:55 AM.

Damn! Now that's the kind of news I wanted to hear :D

*tagged*
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
    No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytising faith.
    -Sir Winston Churchill

BANNED
    Awesome news.

Do want!! Any chance we could see some more pics?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post

Brugger & Thomet - CZ 858 Magwell adapter.
    Is that the mag release shown?
    .30 WCF....emptying saddles since 1895.

Quote Originally Posted by the judge View Post
    Is that the mag release shown?
    Yes, on the left side. Not as bad as you might first think.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Yes, on the left side. Not as bad as you might first think.
    Ok, thanks. Just trying to get a better understanding of this set up. What mag is that show with the adapter, one of the LAR-15 mags?
    .30 WCF....emptying saddles since 1895.

Quote Originally Posted by the judge View Post
    Ok, thanks. Just trying to get a better understanding of this set up. What mag is that show with the adapter, one of the LAR-15 mags?
    The mag shown is one of the new 10 rd 7.62x39 XCR Pistol mags.

wow these look awesome.
    Cant wait to get one for my compact.

Page 1 of 23 1234567891121 ... LastLast