View Poll Results: If the Walther PPQ becomes available here, are you interested?

Voters
970. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. I am interested in a 9x19mm version

551 56.80%
  • Yes. I am interested in a .40 S&W version.

108 11.13%
  • Yes. I am interested in both 9x19mm and .40 S&W versions.

207 21.34%
  • No.

104 10.72%
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 689101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Is the Walther PPQ available in Canada?

I'd want the M2 version though.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer padawan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenida View Post
    any updates on when the M2 is going to be available in Canada?
    This has been an outstanding question since Jan 19th. You would think it would be real easy to answer.

1) Yes we can get them......here is the price.

2) No we can't get them....thanks for your interest.
    Poly is pissed eh...behold my field of f*cks..and see that it is bare!!

Murph83

Remember your other option is to have it imported from the US by IRUNGUNS, relatively inexpensive process. Everyday, this is becoming the best option of getting what ever you want. Want a Springfield 1911 good luck, only way is to have one imported from the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumantepe View Post
    Remember your other option is to have it imported from the US by IRUNGUNS, relatively inexpensive process. Everyday, this is becoming the best option of getting what ever you want. Want a Springfield 1911 good luck, only way is to have one imported from the U.S.
    Interesting. Thanks.

Seems like thats the way to go. *Sigh*

Murph83

Regarding the PPQ Classic (M1):

I am extremely glad to announce that as a result of market demand and customer input, Walther announced today to continue selling the popular PPQ M1 (Classic) in the United States in limited quantities. This means Walther will continue to manufacture and then sell in the US market the PPQ with a traditionalthumb and paddle style magazine release. Availability will be early 2014 with Walther continuing its full support of PPQ M1 (Classic) firearms already sold and in the market with production of magazines and accessories. We appreciate your full support, input and patience.

As a side note, PPQ M1 magazines have been shipping all this week.

Mark Thomas
    Director of Marketing
    Walther Arms, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nogami View Post
    Regarding the PPQ Classic (M1):
    This is great news, I really like paddle magazine releases. I doubt they are going to offer a 5" with the paddle magazine release but oh well.

I am divided between this and the Smith and Wesson M&P Pro with an apex trigger kit. I am leaning more towards the M&P Pro, because it has the Novak sights and it does not have a ported slide, plus a Walther in .40 Smith and Wesson is a bit of a sacrilege.

This is great news, I really like paddle magazine releases. I doubt they are going to offer a 5" with the paddle magazine release but oh well.

I am divided between this and the Smith and Wesson M&P Pro with an apex trigger kit. I am leaning more towards the M&P Pro, because it has the Novak sights and it does not have a ported slide, plus a Walther in .40 Smith and Wesson is a bit of a sacrilege.
    Eh?

I owned the PPQ M1 and it didn't have a ported slide. And no, the 5" PPQ M2 has the button mag release.
    Last edited by padawan; 08-20-2013 at 03:23 PM.

Murph83

ohhhh I want a ppq so bad, where did you guy saw the 5" version of it?

In regards to availability, it seems that Walther will be representing itself in USA and no longer through SW, so that is VERY GOOD!

Copy and paste from their site:
    In June of 2012, Arnsberg, Germany based PW Group, owners of shooting sports companies, CARL WALTHER Sportwaffen and UMAREX Sportwaffen, announced the formation of Walther Arms, Inc. to handle all the importation, sales, marketing, distribution, and servicing of Walther products in the United States early in 2012. The transition will occur in two phases beginning in 2013. Previously, Smith & Wesson held responsibility for the distribution of Walther firearms and accessories in the United States. On January 1, 2013, that responsibility will transfer to the newly formed Walther Arms, Inc. (with the exception of the Walther P22 and PK380 models, which Smith & Wesson will continue to sell and distribute through April 30, 2013).

Walther and Smith & Wesson will maintain their strategic alliance on several fronts—Smith & Wesson will continue to manufacture the PPK for Walther Arms, Inc. and CARL WALTHER will continue to manufacture the M&P22 handgun for S&W. Additionally, UMAREX will continue to license the Smith & Wesson brand for airgun products.

"We are extremely thankful for the relationship we have had and will continue to have with the quality organization of Smith & Wesson," said Wulf-Heinz Pflaumer, President of PW Group. "Smith & Wesson has been an outstanding partner and has represented the Walther brand in the U.S. with tremendous focus, effort, and results. We look forward to many more years of strategic alliance with Smith & Wesson."

"We are excited about the formation of our new company, Walther Arms, Inc. It will allow us to intensify our focus on the U.S. firearms market," said Pflaumer. "The Walther brand is a legend in the firearms industry with a rich history of design, innovation, and outstanding German

----

Looking forward to seeing something by 2014!