View Poll Results: If the Walther PPQ becomes available here, are you interested?

Voters
970. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. I am interested in a 9x19mm version

551 56.80%
  • Yes. I am interested in a .40 S&W version.

108 11.13%
  • Yes. I am interested in both 9x19mm and .40 S&W versions.

207 21.34%
  • No.

104 10.72%
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Is the Walther PPQ available in Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    It's not a problem to get the M1 version with the paddle-flipper mag release, but if you want the M2 with the button mag release, it's practically impossible for the time being.

As per above, I got IRunGun's last M2 in Canada, and it is scheduled to come in from CanPar on Friday, just under two weeks after paying for it.
    Wondering if I should get the 5" or wait for 4.6"

Quote Originally Posted by Kanwar88 View Post
    It's the 4.6" threaded with the 4" slide that you can get right now, you just have to be willing to get the M1 version without the button mag release.

There is no indication as to when the 5" slide or M2 will be available here.

There's an M1 on the EE right now: http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...?highlight=ppq

CGN Ultra frequent flyer krausb's Avatar
    If you, like me, prefer the superior paddle style mag release then you are stuck with the short slide and 4.6" barrel. The longer version will only be available in the M2 (button style mag release).

On a side note, the mags for the M1 and M2 are not cross-compatible. Something to keep in mind if you are considering owning both or switching between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by krausb View Post
    If you, like me, prefer the superior paddle style mag release then you are stuck with the short slide and 4.6" barrel. The longer version will only be available in the M2 (button style mag release).

On a side note, the mags for the M1 and M2 are not cross-compatible. Something to keep in mind if you are considering owning both or switching between the two.
    I'm worried if I buy M1 and it falls out of favor in NA then it will be hard to source mags etc.
    I feel like I'm buying electronics and it's going to become outdated. I've never had this dilemma with firearms before.

I'm worried if I buy M1 and it falls out of favor in NA then it will be hard to source mags etc.
    I feel like I'm buying electronics and it's going to become outdated. I've never had this dilemma with firearms before.
    No, my good man, you've got it backwards. It is me who is sucking up the compatibility issue by wanting the M2 button mag release.

If you get the M1 with paddles your gun will be compatible with all of the mags from the P99 family, so you'd be GTG..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer krausb's Avatar
    Yep, comparable mags for the M1 will be around for as long as you'll ever own th gun. All parts other than the mag release are identical between the two versions. Plus, the M2 is intended for sale in North America only. Walther will continue to selll the paddle version in Europe so mags should never be a problem.

Very pretty

CGN frequent flyer MustangFrank's Avatar
    I gave up. I don't believe in waiting 6 months or a year. Looks like a Sig 320 might fill the need. I tried the 320 and I like it. I have no clue about the PPQ. Too bad Hickock 45 likes everything but did give the edge to the PPQ for the trigger. Darn.

Quote Originally Posted by MustangFrank View Post
    I gave up. I don't believe in waiting 6 months or a year. Looks like a Sig 320 might fill the need. I tried the 320 and I like it. I have no clue about the PPQ. Too bad Hickock 45 likes everything but did give the edge to the PPQ for the trigger. Darn.
    Wolverine has the M1 Navy
    IRG has the 5" M2 (1 left)

CGN frequent flyer
    Wolverine has the M1 Navy
    IRG has the 5" M2 (1 left)

On their us site they have hundreds of them. Ianm going order one for Xmas . Also it $175 cheaper too. 725 vs 900