View Poll Results: If the Walther PPQ becomes available here, are you interested?

Voters
970. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. I am interested in a 9x19mm version

551 56.80%
  • Yes. I am interested in a .40 S&W version.

108 11.13%
  • Yes. I am interested in both 9x19mm and .40 S&W versions.

207 21.34%
  • No.

104 10.72%
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the Walther PPQ available in Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by North_Sylva View Post
    The PPQ Navy edition will be available sometime early in the new year. We are expecting the MSRP to be in the $ 899 range.

Thanks,

Will that be in both 9mm and 40. ?? Also it'll be available from which retailer (s)? Just don't want to miss the first shipment. Thanks.

You would think dealers, distributors and manufacturers would want to sell their product, apparently they don't. You can't buy a gun that's been out for over a year, they have two versions since that time. Seems like only the Navy edition will be coming out in March, which sucks because it hasn't been tested en masse and more particularly I definitely do not want the threaded barrel that comes with it. So unless the PPQ navy comes with the standard barrel, Walther will not be getting my money. Walther dealers start making a stink on behalf of your customers, get the products in, offer pre-orders and find out if all the Navy's are coming with the threaded or unthreaded barrels ask your customer's what barrel and caliber they want.
    Last edited by dk2; 01-24-2012 at 01:27 PM.

dk2 has it right. The P99 finally came with a "Canadian" barrel length. We need this as well with the PPQ. I will want it in 9mm, but only with a non threaded (and flush) barrel.

Yep I'm not a fan of the threaded barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by kilo3niner View Post
    Will that be in both 9mm and 40. ?? Also it'll be available from which retailer (s)? Just don't want to miss the first shipment. Thanks.
    Only 9mm will be available for the time being. We are hoping to see .40 later in the year. Any dealer will be able to order it for you. But from what I hear I believe most dealers will be stocking these. We expect delivery around March.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by dk2 View Post
    They will be coming with the threaded barrel.

I don't forsee a non threaded version, unless someone is interested in committing to 1000 units.

Thanks,

so will we get a threaded barrel version? I am on the verge of buying another pistol, s&w40 but I would love to wait for the ppq.

thanks
    Glock 19 | Ruger Gunsite | Benelli Supernova

CGN Regular
    what kind of price can we expect on these bad boys?

CGN frequent flyer incorrigible's Avatar
    You would think dealers, distributors and manufacturers would want to sell their product, apparently they don't. You can't buy a gun that's been out for over a year, they have two versions since that time. Seems like only the Navy edition will be coming out in March, which sucks because it hasn't been tested en masse and more particularly I definitely do not want the threaded barrel that comes with it. So unless the PPQ navy comes with the standard barrel, Walther will not be getting my money. Walther dealers start making a stink on behalf of your customers, get the products in, offer pre-orders and find out if all the Navy's are coming with the threaded or unthreaded barrels ask your customer's what barrel and caliber they want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naddzo View Post
    dk2 has it right. The P99 finally came with a "Canadian" barrel length. We need this as well with the PPQ. I will want it in 9mm, but only with a non threaded (and flush) barrel.
    No worries lads, we've got 'em standing in line to pick up the ones you don't want.:D

On a more sensitive and supportive front essentially the PPQ is an upgraded P99, so I'd be curious to know if a 105mm P99 barrel would fit?
    Aequitas Veritas... Sanguis Coimhéad Fearg Fhear Na Foighde
    Proelium Comminus Auctoritate لحم الخنزير المقدد هو رائع! Illegitimi Non Carborundum

I don't know much about smithing, can the threaded barrel be shortened by 3mm and would doing so be legal in Canada?? If this is legal and is relatively easy to do I'd reconsider the PPQ.