Thread: Springfield stockc

Expired Business

Springfield stockc

SPRINGFIELD 1903 ORIGINAL WALNUT STOCKS
    These are the rather rare C type stocks, as used on the sniper rifles.
    These are 100% original, un-used, never assembled, have been in storage for over 70 years....

GO HERE >>>> http://www.marstar.ca/main/new-arrivals.shtm

VERY LIMITED NUMBER AVAILABLE....

John

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    SPRINGFIELD 1903 ORIGINAL WALNUT STOCKS
    These are the rather rare C type stocks, as used on the sniper rifles.
    These are 100% original, un-used, never assembled, have been in storage for over 70 years....

GO HERE >>>> http://www.marstar.ca/main/new-arrivals.shtm

VERY LIMITED NUMBER AVAILABLE....

John

hmmm....awsome for owners of the actions.... when are you going to rescue some 1903s to sell to the rest of us? ; )

Expired Business
    NNTW;

I have a couple in my collection for the VERY serious collector....

1) UNFIRED and un issued 1903a3....

2) Exc+ condition, 1903 NRA target set up, with all original log book, sales documents (1922) etc, etc....

I am only the second owner....

John

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    NNTW;

I have a couple in my collection for the VERY serious collector....

1) UNFIRED and un issued 1903a3....

2) Exc+ condition, 1903 NRA target set up, with all original log book, sales documents (1922) etc, etc....

I am only the second owner....

John

Thanks for the emphasis on VERY.... sigh, would undoubtedly be beyond my budget. But I will be watching your posts for the day you persuade Greece to sell rather than scrap their 1903s, etc...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by nntw View Post
    Thanks for the emphasis on VERY.... sigh, would undoubtedly be beyond my budget. But I will be watching your posts for the day you persuade Greece to sell rather than scrap their 1903s, etc...
    Sorry, it's a done deal. The Greek M1903s have been in the custody of the US CMP programme for a while now. Ditto for the Greek Garands.

Expired Business
    PURPLE;
    "Sorry, it's a done deal. "

You must have visited a different Greece and attended at different bases than those we worked at for several months....

We saw them destry very large numbers of the above rifles as well as a lot of other related equipment....

Please get your facts straight before making statements.
    John

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Well, I sure haven't been to Greece to check it all out, but the US CMP certainly did bring back large quantities of M1903s and M1 Garands from Greece for sale to qualified US purchasers. A lot of these were supplied to Greece by the US for use against the communists in the Greek civil war following WW2. The CMP has now sold out of the M1903s, but still has plenty of the Garands.

The CMP has gotten a lot of it's rifles from US Military Assistance Plan stocks which were supplied to various foreign governments, and which were "on loan" from the US. This was the case with a good portion of the Danish Garands. Various countries also purchased stocks of US small arms which they hold title to, and which aren't eligible for return to the CMP by reason of US law. The surplus Garand stocks which were imported to Canada from Denmark were some of these.

The big theme now playing out in the international armaments business is the demilitarization/destruction of surplus small arms under the UN conventions. Foreign countries have a lot more to gain in the international arena from playing this card than they do from flogging old ordnance for peanuts. I believe that this is the eventual fate of a lot of surplus, including the large stocks of Garands etc. in places like South Korea and the Phillipines. No doubt this is the driver for the Greeks destroying some M1903s and various other things as you report.

Now how's about sharing some of the "inside facts" on the destiny of whatever stocks of M1903s the Greeks still have on hand? I've been collecting these for many years and am dying learn more about it all. Are you going to be importing some of these, or just some loose spare parts?

Expired Business
    PURPLE:
    "Well, I sure haven't been to Greece to check it all out"
    OK we agree then that you have NOT checked outany sources before coming to your conclusions....

"The CMP has now sold out of the M1903s, but still has plenty of the Garands."
    I don't disagree with this either, but the fact remains that there is still plenty of material over there being destroyed....

"This was the case with a good portion of the Danish Garands. "
    Here we go again, conclusions without research.... May I suggest you do a bit of research in the matter.... The Danish deal was 100% handled by private parties.... There were even some Canadian "surplus aircraft" involved in that deal.... The mastermind behind the deal is an aqaintance on mine so please don't tell me how that deal was done....

"No doubt this is the driver for the Greeks destroying some M1903s and various other things as you report."
    As you said before, you have not been there, have not seen the stocks, I would seriously doubt that you are aware of the resns behind the setruction of some stocks over there....

"Now how's about sharing some of the "inside facts" on the destiny of whatever stocks of M1903s the Greeks still have on hand?"
    Are you serious ? You expect me to share, as you put it, I stay ahead of others in the game by keeping my sources, contacts and information to myself....

"Are you going to be importing some of these, or just some loose spare parts? "
    We recently purchased two warehouses of parts (10 containers) most were sold off to the US (9 containers) with a small lot for Canada.... his deal has nothing to do with our future plans in that country.

John

Quote Originally Posted by purple View Post
    Now how's about sharing some of the "inside facts"
    Perhaps he could also forward his best hunting & fishing spots too.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    So for the edification of us who are just M1903 Springfield enthusiasts and potential customers, rather than your competitors, are you planning to bring in complete M1903 rifles and/or additional parts for sale from Greece or anywhere else?

There haven't been any decent M1903s on the Canadian market for 25 years or so. The last lot were reputed to have come in from Taiwan. These were really beat and mostly good for parts sources. I bought 5 of these at the time and only found 2 unpitted receivers among them. All wood was toast as were many other parts, incl the barrels. We could use an infusion of sound M1903s and spare bits for them. From reading the reports it seems that the US CMP did get a lot of ex-Greek M1903s in pretty good shape, even some with new barrels that had not been properly headspaced.

On the Danish surplus Garands, there was quite a large number, around 20,000 I understand, of ex- US MAP rifles imported into the US for sale by the CMP program. I think that's universally known. Ancient history now (15 yrs or so), but was there not a Danish outfit that flogged a pee-pot of the non-MAP ones that the Danes owned, incl a swack of Berettas and Bredas, into Canada to Lever Arms and others? Again, I don't have any inside info on this, and don't much care, but am just re-stating what is pretty common knowledge among "the great unwashed" who buy MILSURPS at retail.

Sadly the UN sponsored small arms destruction initiative seems to be pretty successful in killing off residual stocks of even the more innocuous bolt guns like the Mausers, Mosins, M1903s, and Enfields which are really only of interest to collectors and recreational shooters. So without giving away any of your business edges, are there any realistic prospects of more M1903s, or Garands for that matter, on the horizon for the Canadian retail market?