Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CSA Vz-58 receiver mods for AR mag adapter?

Exclamation CSA Vz-58 receiver mods for AR mag adapter?

Hello North Sylva,

For our info (your customers), there is information circulating to the effect that CSA will be paying for the receiver machining required on the few dozen rifles that are incompatible with the promised AR mag adapter that just came out. Mine happens to be one of those unfortunate first production run rifles (to my great dismay, as I checked the serial number on mine prior to ordering the adapter).

Another CGN member claims to have received this e-mail from CSA:

Quote Originally Posted by scianna54 View Post
    I contacted CSA directly and it seems that it may be a bit more difficult to make the early CSA rifles to work with the mag well adapter. Here is the reply:

First of all let me thank you for purchasing our firearm and apologize for delay with my response.

Itīs true that if you have one of the early models of our 5.56 vz. 58 Rifle, Carbine or Compact there are certain modifications that need to be done to your rifleīs receiver. Unfortunately, when we were making these first rifles, we did not foresee, that we will be making any mag well adapters and that we will have a very little room to manouver inside the receiverīs mag well. List of the serial numbers of the rifles that need to have the changes performed is in each vz.58 adapter leaflet.

Modifications to your vz. 58 receiver should be done by a machine shop or experienced handyman with a milling machine and consist of :

step 1. - milling off 0.6 mm of the rear mag well wall. It needs to be done from side wall to side wall with a mill of 5 mm diameter to keep the R 2.5 in the corners. You need to remove magazine catch and bolt catch, but leave the ejector in, as the ejectorīs base that sits in the receiver has to be milled off also by 0.6 mm.

step 2. - milling off 3 mm of the lower ramp in the front of the receiver mag well. Can be done at the same time as step 1, with the same mill. This lower ramp needs to move forward (in the direction of fire) by 3 mm. Lower ramp (edge) is lower only if you looking down the mag well with the rifle upside down as shown on the attached photo.

step 3. - milling off the upper rampīs corners with 4 mm milling tool to achieve the R2 radius in both corners in the front of the mag well. Again upper ramp it is only when looking down the rifle which is turned upside down.

step 4. - by milling of 3 mm of the lower ramp (step 2) you lose the feed ramp on the other side. This feed ramp needs to be remilled, so the rifle needs to be placed with upper part of the receiver facing upwards (as on the photo attached) and new feed ramp milled with 1.5 x 45° milling tool in between the front lugs.

We will be posting above shortly on our CSA website with better English and better pictures.

Yours sincerely,

Just got another reply from CSA:

Please, give me a few more days. We are right now talking to one large machine shop in Canada who could possibly do the modification for us. This way we could centralize the modification and CSA would also pay for it, which would make a whole thing lot easier for you guys - our customers. We should know all on Monday. I am 99% sure we will find a good, customer friendly solution. All you guys would have to do would be to ship your rifles to the machine shop.

--------

They may also throw in the adapter for the hassle and to compensate for shipping costs, wooheee

Related threads:

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...d.php?t=668811

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...d.php?t=669037

Also, CSA's website seems to make no mention of this latest development for the moment: http://www.csa.co.cz/en/16-aktuality...8-adapter.html

An official confirmation of this information, as well as information on where to ship the rifles would be very appreciated (before everyone runs out of available adapters, preferably).

Thanks in advance!

Lesson from elections 2021 : The PPC's only REAL purpose is to split that razor-thin Conservative vote and re-elect Liberals!

This info is about clear as mud at the moment. Please give us a few days to confirm the details.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by North_Sylva View Post
    This info is about clear as mud at the moment. Please give us a few days to confirm the details.

Thanks,
    Bumping this, I have one of the early rifles too.

The new bolt catch does not fit in these, I'm tempted to run the rifle without any bolt catch and with just the mag catch until someone is found to machine these.

And?
    Glock 19 | Ruger Gunsite | Benelli Supernova

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Yes, I received the info from CSA, Tomas Quis, haven't heard anything since.

I just sent an email to CSA today as well - I will let you guys know how I make out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armedsask
    As for "just buying" something, I'd much rather spend $800 building myself what I could buy for $400. I like to tinker and build, get over it.

My official response from CSA:

Dear Mr. Bodnarchuk,

First of all thank you for buying our products. Itīs true that CSA decided to cover the costs of mag well modification for the acceptance of the AR-15 mag adapter, because early customers should be rewarded and not punished.

For past two weeks we have been talking to one large machine shop which possess all necessary licences, however, they are very busy and have been a bit slow in their responding.Nevertheless, they verbaly confirmed they will do this modification for us. Please, give us a few more days and hopefuly we will have a firm answer for you.

Many thanks for your patience.

Tomas Quis
    Czech Small Arms
    Jablunka 609
    756 23 Jablunka
    Czech Republic
    Quote Originally Posted by Armedsask
    As for "just buying" something, I'd much rather spend $800 building myself what I could buy for $400. I like to tinker and build, get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mykhaylo View Post

Dear Mr. Bodnarchuk,

First of all thank you for buying our products. Itīs true that CSA decided to cover the costs of mag well modification for the acceptance of the AR-15 mag adapter, because early customers should be rewarded and not punished.
    ^^ That is to be highly complemented!

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

Quote Originally Posted by Mykhaylo View Post

Dear Mr. Bodnarchuk,

For past two weeks we have been talking to one large machine shop which possess all necessary licences, however, they are very busy and have been a bit slow in their responding.Nevertheless, they verbaly confirmed they will do this modification for us. Please, give us a few more days and hopefuly we will have a firm answer for you.

Many thanks for your patience.

Tomas Quis
    Czech Small Arms
    Jablunka 609
    756 23 Jablunka
    Czech Republic
    Thanks for keeping up with this issue.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Question regarding these AR mag adapters: Would they fit on the CSA Vz58 Compact .223? Would it require any machining?
    Foxtrot Foxtrot Sierra!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast