Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chiappa Mare's leg Take down model Now in .357 Mag!!

Chiappa guns are made in Italy.

I saw a Takedown model in .44 Mag with a Picatinny rail and a pistol scope mounted on QD rings last year at Shooter's Choice range.

The owner was printing some pretty tight keyholes on the target paper at 20 yards.

He had a boot designed for a golf putter he got from a sports shop over the "stump" as a recoil pad.

The whole thing fit in a brief case when dissassembled like a gun a "hitman" would use.

I didn't believe him at first when he told me the gun was non-restricted.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BabySeal's Avatar
    Got one

Its awesome, and the sights were bang on out of the box.

This gun shoots better for me than my .357 revolver at any distance.

Lever Evolution ammo produces manageable recoil and shoots to point of aim out to 100 metres. The mag only holds 5 .357 rounds though. It holds 6 rounds of .38 special and has zero recoil though which is pretty funny after firing powerful .357 Lever Evolutionn ammo.

The action was a bit stiff at first but has smoothed out considerably with use. After 200 rounds it is almost as smooth as the action on my .22 cal Henry Mare's leg. I expect it will continue to improve with use.

When you take the gun down, you are left with two halves that are about 11.5" each. It fits in a 2 pistol case when taken down.

I am very happy with this gun and I would like to thank you North Sylva. Thanks for bringing in this unexpected treat.

But I must ask... Do you have a source for holsters for this gun???

CGN Ultra frequent flyer carverk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by North_Sylva View Post
    We just received and order from Chiappa that included some of the new 1892 mare's legs in the new take down action chambered in .357 magnum.

Our first impression on these was WOW!

These come with case hardened frames and octagonal barrels. They also come equiped with a saddle ring. And probably the neatest feature of these carbines is the fact that they take down completely in about 10 seconds.

And now the slick part.

They disassemble by opening the lever under the magazine tube. Then rotating the lever counter clockwise unthreading the magazine tube.

Then, hold the stock in one hand and the forearm with the other. Twist the forearm clockwise so that the barrel and forearms rotate 90 degrees. Please ensure the action is open at this point.

Then, Genly slide off the barrel. To reinstall just reverse the order of disassembly.

Please contact your local dealer today to place your order. I have a feeling these won't be around very long.

Thanks,
    can you get extra barrels for the take down in the manual it said that you can swich berral/calibre
    A swich barrel Mare's Leg wood be nice I wood get a 44 and 45 colt to go with my 357

Its been awhile now, Anyone carrying these??

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    Its been awhile now, Anyone carrying these??

Yes. Lanz Shooting Supplies has them in stock.

Price is $950

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kevin M.'s Avatar
    If they came in .44 mag and could be switched to a full stock this would be the lever of my dreams.
    You know you are a real gunnut when you start practicing trigger control on power tools.

WWJMBD? What Would John Moses Browning Do?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin M. View Post
    If they came in .44 mag and could be switched to a full stock this would be the lever of my dreams.
    I got a email from Chiappa thy make a meres leg with a short and full stock combo!
    Wish North Sylva wood get us the combo

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kevin M.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carverk View Post
    I got a email from Chiappa thy make a meres leg with a short and full stock combo!
    Wish North Sylva wood get us the combo

Om nom nom nom nom......
    You know you are a real gunnut when you start practicing trigger control on power tools.

WWJMBD? What Would John Moses Browning Do?

What is the overall length on these?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jasonn View Post
    What is the overall length on these?
    short haha

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast