Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Still importing SKS-D's?

CGN Regular

Still importing SKS-D's?

Hi John,

I'm interested in an SKS-D. I believe you used to import them in the past, do you still have plans to import them in the near future? It's not easy finding them anymore, and maybe you could let us know whether they're still available for import these days.

On a side note, I've seen some nice looking surplus SKS "jungle stocks" floating around the internet (mostly in the states)! I believe they're fiberglass (redish/brown in appearance). I bet those would sell very well.

Thanks John,
    "J" man

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Norseman's Avatar
    SKS-Ds are no longer made, as for the fiberglass stocks sksman ships to Canada.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer MegaMonkeyChunk's Avatar
    Shame they're no longer made. Probably a good reason for it because they seem to be in high demand.

CGN Regular
    That shux!

Would it be worth my time to modify a regular SKS to take AK mags? I'm sure there must be something out there. I think reliability might take a hit on the mod, can any1 speak to this? And no, I'm not a fan of those crappy duckbill mags floating around.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    SKS-Ds are no longer made, as for the fiberglass stocks sksman ships to Canada.
    Do you have to screw around with import/export licneses to get it into Canada, never ordered anything outside of Canada mainly to avoid any hassles like this.

CGN frequent flyer
    Would it be worth my time to modify a regular SKS to take AK mags? I'm sure there must be something out there. I think reliability might take a hit on the mod, can any1 speak to this? And no, I'm not a fan of those crappy duckbill mags floating around.
    I saw a how to on scribd once, never tried it since I didn't want to ruin my sks if it failed.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Norseman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by "J" man View Post
    Do you have to screw around with import/export licneses to get it into Canada, never ordered anything outside of Canada mainly to avoid any hassles like this.

nope, just order online or if you call he (Paul) will ask you to order online as he had a stroke about 2 years ago or so. Myself and many guys here order from him without a problem, just keep your order under $100 , shipping isn't bad neither.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    nope, just order online or if you call he (Paul) will ask you to order online as he had a stroke about 2 years ago or so. Myself and many guys here order from him without a problem, just keep your order under $100 , shipping isn't bad neither.
    Thanks for the tip.

I am thinking of selling my unfired SKS-D along with an unopened wooden crate of ammo. On account of the ammo I suppose it would have to be a local pickup in the GTA area.

What would a fair price be?
    "What we got here is a failure to communicate"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CobraGT's Avatar
    For the rifle with a couple of mags, around $400. Ammo? good question, depends on what and how much...
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free Barbarus hic ego sum, quia non intelligor illis
    EE Ads: Insurance is NOT included on any agreed "shipped" price!
    I take no responsibility for an EE item once it has been shipped.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast