Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Still importing SKS-D's?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Curtton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CDNJackpot View Post
    Last time I checked (Last month visiting the fam) I could buy an SKS-M in Tennessee for $285 and an AK for $575.
    its a "M" , a "M" is like a "D" without the bayo but still if it was in very good condition then i hope you had one of you american family buy it cos i know SKS-M prices in the US and that is very low . they usually sells for $400 and up.

matter of fact , their standard chinese SKS in very good-excellent condition sells for approx $225-$250 , market prices has come down since the recession of 2008, the ones like unissued like marstar SKS would fetch $300 .

best place to judge the average national prices for a "D" is to go to gunbroker.com, check past 90 completed auctions . there you will find the average prices for a "D" is $500 .

heres a "D" on gunbroker.com , 20 bids last at $555 , two more days to go .

its in excellent condition but nothing outstanding.

i sold two "D" this year , both for $475 each .

gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=260074471 (type www in front).

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtton View Post
    you any to sell me for $200 ?

you of all people should know about market forces , more buyers than sellers , prices move up . :D

no, that's the price you sell to me, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtton View Post
    its a "M" , a "M" is like a "D" without the bayo but still if it was in very good condition then i hope you had one of you american family buy it cos i know SKS-M prices in the US and that is very low . they usually sells for $400 and up.

matter of fact , their standard chinese SKS in very good-excellent condition sells for approx $225-$250 , market prices has come down since the recession of 2008, the ones like unissued like marstar SKS would fetch $300 .

best place to judge the average national prices for a "D" is to go to gunbroker.com, check past 90 completed auctions . there you will find the average prices for a "D" is $500 .

heres a "D" on gunbroker.com , 20 bids last at $555 , two more days to go .

its in excellent condition but nothing outstanding.

i sold two "D" this year , both for $475 each .

gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=260074471 (type www in front).
    I passed on it. Not much point when I've got SKS's here. But point made. Gunbroker is usually pretty good so I'm surprised at that kind of price on a D. Maybe it's due to the fact that most Norinco military firearms are no longer imported. Still, I stand corrected, but I also wouldn't don't think I could justify spending that kind of money on another one.

Expired Business
    CDN JACKPOT;
    "Maybe it's due to the fact that most Norinco military firearms are no longer imported. Still, I stand corrected, but I also wouldn't don't think I could justify spending that kind of money on another one."

Here we go again, please note that Norinco does not manufacture anything, they are a state marketing company....
    Norinco never exported "military" SKS rifles, they were civilian type rifles which were built for the civilian market.
    The SKS "D" was simply one of those versions for the civilian market, they were adapted from regular SKS rifles for the North American market, when they got embagoed in the US their major market was taken away, hence production ceased....
    BTW if you want a real military SKS we have one hell of a good deal on our site....
    John

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    CDN JACKPOT;
    "Maybe it's due to the fact that most Norinco military firearms are no longer imported. Still, I stand corrected, but I also wouldn't don't think I could justify spending that kind of money on another one."

Here we go again, please note that Norinco does not manufacture anything, they are a state marketing company....
    Norinco never exported "military" SKS rifles, they were civilian type rifles which were built for the civilian market.
    The SKS "D" was simply one of those versions for the civilian market, they were adapted from regular SKS rifles for the North American market, when they got embagoed in the US their major market was taken away, hence production ceased....
    BTW if you want a real military SKS we have one hell of a good deal on our site....
    John
    Pardon, the broad statement John, I had always assumed the ban was on Chinese manufactured military-type firearms, since I still see some "Norinco" (broad label) 870 and coach guns for sale. For what it's worth I own 2 of your Chinese military models

CDN

Expired Business
    CDN JACKPOT;
    The ban in the US is what you say, Chinese military and Chinese "military type" firearms.

The shotguns you see advertised under various trade names in the US are imported as newly manufactured sporting shotguns, thats why they get in.

I hope you are enjoying your SKS rifles.
    John

Agreed. I just saw a Norinco 1911 for sale at Bass Pro in Florida for about $450 US.

We can buy them from John for $350.

Interesting but off topic, I was in a shooting range here in Hallandale FL and I had asked about a 1911 they used to have built by Kimber that was available for rental in their range. The sales associates reply: "they break".

Why spend over $1000 when a Norinco version is superior at less than half the price!

SKS-D is over priced and over rated. For what people are asking for them you can buy a decent CZ-858 and have twice the rifle.
    I paid $220 new from Al Simmons for my sks-d and sold it for a profit. I have owned a few cz/vz and just bought another but I have only owned one sks-d for a reason.
    I'm not bashing the sks, they are a great /cheap rifle but like I said the D is over priced because they are hard to get.
    Do yourself a favour and buy a regular sks from Johnone or another dealer or look for a good used cz/vz.As always JMHO
    Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

If women can't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy!

CGN Regular
    Bought my D new for $99.00 a long time back.Have shot 6 or 7 crates through it. Went through 2 wood stocks before the plastic folder I have now. Has been beat to #### / rusted and not treated well but I should get my money back in 20 years. Great deal and a lot of fun.

PM send

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123