Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: E-commerce

Hi guys,
    Thank you for reporting the errors, I will get this over to our programer and get these looked after.

Love the redesign! Very nice.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    Very nice!! Anyone else notice the tiger stripe XCR? pretty cool.
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

CGN frequent flyer
    Server Error in '/' Application.

The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Source Error:

Line 43: public CMSWebParts_ThinkShiftStore_Products_ProductListCo ntrolItem()
    Line 44: {
    Line 45: _DisplayProductPrice = (!((bool)thinkshiftinc.com.Configuration.SiteConfi guration.Settings["MUSTLOGINTOSEEPRICE"]) || thinkshiftinc.com.corestore.authentication.isAuthe nticated(thinkshiftinc.com.corestore.authenticatio n.AuthenticationType.User));
    Line 46: }
    Line 47:

Source File: c:\wolverine_siteFiles\www\CMSWebParts\ThinkShiftS tore\Products\ProductListControlItem.ascx.cs Line: 45

Stack Trace:

[KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.]
    System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(T Key key) +9619597
    CMSWebParts_ThinkShiftStore_Products_ProductListCo ntrolItem..ctor() in c:\wolverine_siteFiles\www\CMSWebParts\ThinkShiftS tore\Products\ProductListControlItem.ascx.cs:45
    ASP.cmswebparts_thinkshiftstore_products_productli stcontrolitem_ascx..ctor() in c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temp orary ASP.NET Files\root\fc985ffd\62a2c194\App_Web_psgn2dtd.6.cs :0
    ASP.cmswebparts_thinkshiftstore_products_productli stcontrol_ascx.__BuildControl__control19() in c:\wolverine_siteFiles\www\CMSWebParts\ThinkShiftS tore\Products\ProductListControl.ascx:48
    ASP.cmswebparts_thinkshiftstore_products_productli stcontrol_ascx.__BuildControl__control18(Control __ctrl) in c:\wolverine_siteFiles\www\CMSWebParts\ThinkShiftS tore\Products\ProductListControl.ascx:42
    System.Web.UI.CompiledTemplateBuilder.InstantiateI n(Control container) +12
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.InitializeItem( RepeaterItem item) +74
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.CreateItem(Int3 2 itemIndex, ListItemType itemType, Boolean dataBind, Object dataItem) +54
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.CreateControlHi erarchy(Boolean useDataSource) +478
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.OnDataBinding(E ventArgs e) +61
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.DataBind() +76
    CMSWebParts_ThinkShiftStore_Products_ProductListCo ntrol.DataBind() in c:\wolverine_siteFiles\www\CMSWebParts\ThinkShiftS tore\Products\ProductListControl.ascx.cs:314
    CMSTemplates_Wolverine_ProductList.Page_Load(Objec t sender, EventArgs e) in c:\wolverine_siteFiles\www\CMSTemplates\Wolverine\ ProductList.aspx.cs:509
    System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller (IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
    System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Cal lback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
    System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +91
    CMS.UIControls.ContentPage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +32
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +74
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2207
    http://www.wolverinesupplies.com/pro...ar.aspx?page=7

Besides the usual hiccups in launching a new system, I have a feeling you guys are going to make ALOT more money soon. Sure makes it easier to say, oooh I need this and this rather than to communicate that over the phone.
    WTB: Larue LT724 , Vortex Razor HD Spotting Scope 20-60x85 Straight

Quote Originally Posted by USP View Post
    This is a technical forum. Feel free to start a thread in off topics section about how some words upset you.

Site looks great, but many of the items don't have pictures yet.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bellero's Avatar
    I just ordered a CZ rifle and the site worked flawlessly. I sent an email for the military 5% rebate.
    “That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”
    ― George Orwell

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. Winston Churchill

To date its the best website web site in countries firearms industry i've seen to date, just add pictures(!!!). Otherwise site looks trustworthy and professional. =)
    collect guns from video games, anybody else does it?

CGN Regular
    I am still getting "Server Error in '/' Application." when I attempt to use the search bar.....

CGN Regular
    Liking the new site, just couple of minor issues,

1) in terms of usability, I found that navigating through the pages to be a little bit clumsy
    i.e. If I go, Accessories > Rifles then filter by Magpul, hitting the back button doesn't bring me back to the list of all rifle accessories, same with using the breadcrumb navigations. Clicking 'Rifles' doesn't remove the filters, you have to click Accessories, then filter by rifles... Or you have to actually click the (Remove) filter link... I think it'd be a little more intuitive, if you could just hit back or follow the breadcrumb back...

2) I ran into a server error, after clicking around in the filters and menus trying to get back to my main list (before noticing the 'remove' link). Looks like the site's not closing data connections after your database call.... (can you tell what I do for a living? lol)

3) I like the search suggestions on the homepage, however if there are lots of suggestions (i.e. again searching for Magpul returns 107 results) the links run behind the 'View all ## results' link which makes it hard to read.

4) I found on the Registration page, the Username textbox to be unnecessary, since you use the email as the Username, you could either auto populate that field after completing the email address above, or just hide/remove it all together, also I'm guessing you're doing a postal code search based on province? Apparently it tells me that my postal code doesn't match my province that I live in, nor is my address a valid address. Not sure the format that the page is looking for, perhaps separate the unit number from the street name?

5) This is just a really minor thing, but I found the logo mouseover change to be an odd choice... just a minor thing but I think if you have your title tag filled out, you don't have to change the logo to say 'Homepage'... it weakens the corporate image, because it causes it to read as 'Wolverine Homepage' versus 'Wolverine Supplies', it's sort of the equivalent to having the 'Daniel Defence' logo to change to 'Daniel Homepage'

Umm that's all I got for now

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    What bothers me, is that when you click on "specials", a whole list of high priced guns comes up first. The market is very limited for those guns and even though you may want to sell them (desperately?), I (maybe others too) will stop going to your site if "specials" stay that boring.

No pun intended.