Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Infidel and Maverick actions

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar

Infidel and Maverick actions

A few years ago I decided I wanted to manufacture actions of very high quality, tight tolerances like Nesika, Defiance etc, and best of all MADE IN CANADA.
    The first Infidel actions showed promise, there were set backs that occurred at the shop that some are aware of, but I am not going to get into here.

Now at long last we have not only the Infidel (short action) but also the big brother (long action), the Maverick built, tested and ready to go. Full production of these actions is now under way, we should have the first finished production actions ready to deliver in the next month or so.

The only part of these that is being outsourced is heat treating, that is something I believe should be left to those professionals who can supply a lab report on every item we have them heat treat.

The actions are made of 15-5 stainless steel, the true ONE piece bolts are 4140 chrome moly, that employ an M16 style extractor and plunger style ejector.
    Both actions share the Remington 700 footprint but are longer and slightly larger in diameter than a 700 however. Any trigger that will fit a 700 will fit these actions. A .350 thick recoil lug is pinned in place and the matched scope rails are held fast by 5 8x40 screws. The Infidel sports a plus 25 MOA rail, the Maverick 30 MOA.

We are still working on pricing, but are hopeful of staying in the same price area as Defiance or Stiller at about the $1600.00 mark.
    The actions will be available in conventional right bolt right port as well as left hand and cross bolt port configurations. As many of you know most of my personal rifles sport a right hand bolt with a left side ejection port, which I love so needless to say this is certainly available.

Some photos of 2 finished rifles that have been thoroughly tested and extensively shot.

Top rifle is a Maverick in 338 LAI , the lower an Infidel in 308.

A close up of the bolt knobs that will only be offered on our rifles. These will not be available for install on other rifles.

The Infidel is offered with 3 options for bottom metal, single shot, standard AICS mag cut and AW mag cut for use of the double stack mags.
    The bottom metal kit used and shown on this build is our own that employs the AW 10 shot double stack mag. The bolt face is .473 for 308 type calibers, we have no plan at this time of making an action suited for the 223 sized calibers.

The Maverick is offered as a single shot or AICS style mag cut. We used HS Precision bottom metal on this rifle as the 338 Lapua Improved will not feed though an AICS mag.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TV-PressPass's Avatar
    Now that is very nice looking. Cool stuff!

Very nice!

wow nice finish!
    They call me 9Fingers!

Irrelevant question inspired by top photograph: are those muzzle brakes integral to the barrels?
    Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
    - Seneca the Younger

Very nice indeed,when will they be available?

CGN frequent flyer
    once i learn precision shooting with the 223 savage I just picked up I want one of those!

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kveldulf View Post
    Irrelevant question inspired by top photograph: are those muzzle brakes integral to the barrels?
    The brake is a permanently attached but separate piece.
    We thread on a brake blank and machine it in place for true 100% TDC indexing as our brakes design requires that the ports be EXACTLY timed so the top of the brake is true top dead center.
    We have non scientifically tested our brake design against many others and have found these to be thee most efficient brakes for recoil reduction and for prone shoot 1 of the best for covering the shooter with debris.
    Many brakes on the market employ a 90 degree gill as they are easy and cheap to make, these use a complex set of angles to direct the gasses in a precisely aimed direction and volume to maximize recoil reduction and minimize muzzle jump.
    The 338 LAI has about the same recoil characteristics as shooting a heavy barrelled 22-250.
    Last edited by alberta tactical rifle; 02-11-2014 at 09:38 PM.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    Absolutely beautiful!!! Might have to get a maverick in the future.
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

BANNED
    Very Nice.... Very very nice indeed

Having that 100% Canadian option available now is Fantastic.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast