Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: C no.7 / #7MkI

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cantom's Avatar
    FWIW I was shown a .303 Enfield sporter a couple of years ago, that was built on a Cno7 1944 receiver.
    I passed on it. The combo did not appeal to me for some reason, a worse bitster than usual.

No idea who built it up but it looked fine.

There are plenty of Cno7 receivers floating around, I know someone who has some, know others than have others. The problem is finding barrels and the other specific Cno7 parts.

I really think someone should produce some sleeved to .22 barrels from shot out .303 tubes.

Super GunNutz
    I posted in the MILSURP forum that I was able to contact an old friend who advised that he had built several rifles chambered for the .223 Rem on the C No 7 actions and that they worked out as well as his .223 conversions on No 4 actions. There were no issues with safety or functionality. Just for "sh*ts and grins" I'm thinking of procuring a C No 7 receiver and building a "frankenrifle" on it using a Savage No4 barrel that I have on hand. I recall the hole on the right side of the receiver for the C No 7 rear sight lateral screw being somewhat larger than on the No4 receiver. A bushing might work here.

Inserting a .22 sleeve in a No4 barrel is a pretty straight forward job. Might contact Bits and Pieces here in BC and get a quote on this. C No 7 rear sights are a bit of a bear to find. The only other unique parts are the bolt heads, firing pins, extractors, strikers, and front sight blocks. Standard No4 strikers could be cut short to work. The No4 front sight block would be OK on a sleeved No4 barrel.

BANNED
    give me some shot out barrels i'll line them

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by camerl2009 View Post
    give me some shot out barrels i'll line them
    How do you deal with the .303 chamber and the difference in shank length?

get yourself a winchester mod 67 .22 barrel .there the right diameter and taper. have a gunsmith sleeve it into a No 4 barrel stub, and cut the new chamber, crown and install front sight block. will try and post some pics tomorrow. it not a big job if you own a lathe.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by tiriaq View Post
    How do you deal with the .303 chamber and the difference in shank length?
    a steel plug made to the chamber specs the shank length would have to be done when fitted to the gun this makes head spacing the bolt easy

CGN Regular
    All the no7s i Built i just religned a.303 barrel with a sleeve and they work great i build these quite frequently and they shoot like lasers

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by camerl2009 View Post
    a steel plug made to the chamber specs the shank length would have to be done when fitted to the gun this makes head spacing the bolt easy
    Do you have a lathe? And a chambering reamer?

What would someone charge for sleaving a .303 barrel? Send my a pm with a price. Im doing a no7 and have all the parts except the .22 barrel.
    It is the Soldier: Not the minister Who gave us freedom of religion. Not the reporter Who gave us freedom of the press. Not the poet Who gave us freedom of speech Not the campus organizer Who gave us freedom to protest Not the lawyer Who gave us the right to a fair trial Not the politician Who gave us the right to vote It is the soldier who salutes the flag,Who serves beneath the flag, Whose coffin is draped by the flag, Who allows protesters to burn the flag Adapted from Charles M. Province

Super GunNutz
    Where are you folks locating the C No 7 rear sights?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast