Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: When are the non restricted vz58's in 7.62 arriving?

Too bad its not 7.62 x 51, now that would be outstanding in a NR CZ! I'd buy that in a heartbeat! x2 if they made it with folding stock!

Any chance of this ever happening North Sylva?
    - God created the Earth, Mauser drew the property lines
    - Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
    - Member NFA/CSSA/NRA/RCAF/CPC

Quote Originally Posted by Wild_Thing View Post
    So.. chrome-lined bore, 7.62x39 in a NR length bbl will be available?
    Chrome lined bore isn't going to happen unless people are willing to add about $ 100 more into the gun.

Non restricted VZ58's in 7.62 are expected in February. There will also be a few new stock options that will be offered from the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by North_Sylva View Post
    Chrome lined bore isn't going to happen unless people are willing to add about $ 100 more into the gun.
    Given the plentiful corrosive 7.62x39 on the market, I'd be surprised if people weren't willing...

Im willing. Been holding off buying one till your non rest ones came out hoping they would be chrome lined as I cant seem to find anyone to do the nitro-carburizing anymore.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Danimal247's Avatar
    I'm in for chrome lined barrel

I'd pay a bit more for a chrome bore

I don't understand why people are so paranoid about firing corrosive ammo through a non-chrome lined barrel. Chrome lining doesn't last forever. The rifles don't even shoot well to begin with 4-5" groups at 100 meters. As long as you do the boiling hot water method and saturate the barrel in the recommended WD-40 in the CZ owners manual you will never have a problem with rust. Remember to check on the barrel every 24hrs to make sure you cleaned it well enough. I've left mine dirty for two days and there was no rust formation in the barrel so your gun will not implode into a pile of rust if you leave it to long.

I really want the non-restricted version in .223/5.56. The way the mag is shaped makes it look AK-74ish.
    M'aiq knows much. M'aiq knows many things others do not.

I agree Maiq the Liar to much hype on the chrome bbl. Oh my it wont shoot because it doesnt hae a CHROME BARREL! Wow guys get over it a little mantenince and a plain barrel will last just as long.

There is no good reason why the barrels do not already come chrome lined. Make it happen with a bit money more and you will easily see a 2-3x in sales volume.

Any new on this?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast