Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ISSC Mk22 - screws loose. Warranty void if I use locktite??

CGN Regular

ISSC Mk22 - screws loose. Warranty void if I use locktite??

Hi - I bought an ISSC Mk22 & took it to the range for the first time & shot about 200 rounds.

The tactical rails are loose - all of them. I haven't bothered looking inside for the dreaded loose screws that if loose can cause light strikes.

I know I have a 1 year limited warranty. My question is: will the warranty be voided if I locktite all the screws on this firearm?

I live in London and will be more than happy to drop the firearm off in person at your facility if you wish to tighten the screws with locktite.
    "Germans who wish to use firearms should join the SS or the SA — ordinary citizens don't need guns, as their having guns doesn't serve the State." - SS Reichsführer Heinrich Himmler.

CGN Regular
    hey enfield,
    Go ahead and locktite the rail screws. That wont void your warrantee. You should allso replace the vertical screw #108 with an M4x16. The factory M4x12 is too short and you can easily strip the threads in the metel block that it winds into. Locktite here is recomended. These 2 bolts #108 need to be checked regularly, whenever you clean your gun.
    I've done some mods to mine and have fixed any potential problems that so many have experienced.
    There are lots of threads on this gun and how to fix them. Once done, it will last a long time and is a totaly fun [and acurate] gun to shoot.
    enjoy..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    funny as I loctited all the bolts on my rifle, now one bolt on the side of the reciever that holds the stock in place just stripped cuz of the fvcking loctite. Seems I am gonna have to drill it out now dam it!!!!!
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    funny as I loctited all the bolts on my rifle, now one bolt on the side of the reciever that holds the stock in place just stripped cuz of the fvcking loctite. Seems I am gonna have to drill it out now dam it!!!!!
    yah, I hear you..

Those are really fine threads and the locktite is very difficult to clean off of them, and you have to try to clean them before reasembly or thats what happens. As for the bolts #108, I bought stainless ones and an extra nut so that I can wind the bolt through a nut before reassembling. Thats about the only way I have found to clean the threads.
    The factory bolts are of really poor quality, and if you can find replacements, I think it would be worthwhile. We're only talking pennies here, its just finding them thats the problem. Try Brafasco.
    good luck :-)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer joe-nwt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    Cool. Locktite strips screws. Whodda thunk it. That's probably why they don't just hand it out at gun stores!
    ...I don't like making plans for the day because then "premeditated" gets thrown around the courtroom.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joe-nwt View Post
    Cool. Locktite strips screws. Whodda thunk it. That's probably why they don't just hand it out at gun stores!
    In my limited use of Locktite on firearms, but having used Locktite in the electrical trade a lot, I can explain this quickly:

The very small screws involved in electronic eletrical components as well as firearms have very small threads, which amazingly when you do the math has a very large amount of relative surface area! When applying Locktite the amount used can be so small on such a large relative surface that the Locktite can partially dry before the screw is fully seated: basically putting a hard sticky obstruction in the way causing stripped threads. I have also seen where Locktite was used on long small screws and the Locktite dried during the 30-40 turns it took to get the screw fully seated, thus causing damage.

I have learned to always applied Locktite to one screw at a time, puts lots on (wiped excess later) and put that one screw in immediately! Then move to the next one.
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

CGN Ultra frequent flyer joe-nwt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aniest View Post
    In my limited use of Locktite on firearms, but having used Locktite in the electrical trade a lot, I can explain this quickly:

The very small screws involved in electronic eletrical components as well as firearms have very small threads, which amazingly when you do the math has a very large amount of relative surface area! When applying Locktite the amount used can be so small on such a large relative surface that the Locktite can partially dry before the screw is fully seated: basically putting a hard sticky obstruction in the way causing stripped threads. I have also seen where Locktite was used on long small screws and the Locktite dried during the 30-40 turns it took to get the screw fully seated, thus causing damage.

I have learned to always applied Locktite to one screw at a time, puts lots on (wiped excess later) and put that one screw in immediately! Then move to the next one.
    I'm an electrical contractor as well. Please explain why you would put locktite on a long screw with 30-40 threads.
    ...I don't like making plans for the day because then "premeditated" gets thrown around the courtroom.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joe-nwt View Post
    i never thought of that!?!?!?!?

But I think the real problem was using way to much of it. I figured its better to have it stay in place then lose the screw somewhere
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

blue loctite for screw you may wish to remove from time to time. red on things you plan to never take apart.

CGN Regular
    I ordered a complete set of screws from an American website - rrages and you can future out the com part. I also ordered the H&K push pins. I am just going to replace every darn screw - screw it! Wish I hadn't bought the POS of a gun. They do not ship outside of the US & luckily I have friends in the US.
    "Germans who wish to use firearms should join the SS or the SA — ordinary citizens don't need guns, as their having guns doesn't serve the State." - SS Reichsführer Heinrich Himmler.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast