Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hi Point Carbine

Mags go in the pistol grip on the Hi-point carbines

CGN Regular
    I got mine all three mags are 5 great fun little gun, I put a bushnell red dot on it taking it out tonight to get it sighted in, Tried it last week co sighted with the hi point sights wasn't a fan so took them right off.

I do find my action release keeps coming lose though so a little lock tight should fix that up.
    Last edited by Virtualdodo; 11-29-2011 at 06:40 PM. Reason: read before hitting submit bonehead.

Hi Point

Exactly my point 10 Rounds from Epps I purchased one out West and the 10 round mag is pinned at 5 ??

so the hi-point carbine will not accept hi-point pistol mags? The barrel doesn't look any shorter than a sub 2000, how come it is restricted?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TERMINATOR101CA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by animalamidon View Post
    so the hi-point carbine will not accept hi-point pistol mags? The barrel doesn't look any shorter than a sub 2000, how come it is restricted?
    BCS of its ugliness............:D
    Kate Beckinsale :
    Quote Originally Posted by fireball View Post
    I'd love to look at her Underworld!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by smelly pete View Post
    And give it a lycan

CGN Regular
    Having a barrel of less than 18.5 inches on a centerfire semi-automatic will make it restricted IIRC
    This year I got straight A\'s and that aint not bad...Bart Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by animalamidon View Post
    so the hi-point carbine will not accept hi-point pistol mags?
    I'm thinking it probably will take pistol mags.

One of the above posters mentioned that he got 10rd mags with his. I think it's unlikely that he would've been sold un-pinned 10rd rifle mags. The only way you can legally use 10rd mags in any centerfire rifle is if the mag was made for some kind of pistol. They probably sold it to him with pistol magazines instead for whatever reason.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    I've heard from a few people that the carbine and pistol mags are indeed different.

But I would love to be proven wrong. 10 round pistol mags makes the gun way more fun to shoot.

Sponsoring Business

mags for hipoint carbine

I think Captain ink has it right,

The one i have looked at today had a mag that was pinned or actually cut and punched to allow for 5 rounds, From what I can understand these are restricted and registered as a five shot rifle,restricted. they will accept the ten round pistol mags. So they should be sold with the 5 round mag, now you can buy a ten round mag as well!

For the price of these they are not so bad, I think come spring these will be a whole lot more appealing!

Travis

The hi-point 9mm pistol mags cant be used in this because the pistol 9mm pistol is not sold in canada due to its barrel length making it prohibited.
    If you got a 45 or a 40 carbine you could use the pistol mags and have a 10round mag but the 9mm carbine should only come with 5 round mags. No pistol available in canada means pistol mags are also not available and cant be used.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast