Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: getting a gun permit in Quebec

Don't let the Going to the police station thing bother you, The local cops don't give a Sh!t. In fact when my wife walked in to the local station here on the south shore of Montreal. The look on the cops face was priceless.

Cop, oui / hello
    my wife, yes I would like to drop off my RPAL to be completed and mailed (she is 5' and a little over 100lbs)
    cops face was price less

P.S speak to the cops in English they have so much trouble speaking englsih and reading for forms they take it and send it just so they don't have to deal with you

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Sardaukar's Avatar
    «46.42. Pour être membre d’un club de tir, le requérant doit se soumettre
    à un test d’aptitude pour la pratique sécuritaire du tir à la cible avec des armes
    à feu à autorisation restreinte ou des armes à feu prohibées et transmettre à
    l’exploitant une attestation de sa réussite [...]
    The way it's written it seem to indicate the lawmakers were not aware that people without the R on their PAL can also be members at gun clubs.
    Or maybe sentence structure was really not their strength.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Sardaukar View Post
    Well I joined a club last year and I didn't pass the Law 9 class or test. But I don't shoot restricteds...

And yes, you can buy a CZ858 without a club membership.
    I stand corrected then.
    That just goes to show how confusing it is i guess

So yeah...OP, read the law. Twice!

I don't want to start a fighting match. But please show me in which paragraph does it state that you must pass law 9 if you want to join a gun club with only non-restricted firearms. When you do your law 9 course you must 20 rounds from a restricted firearm. If this law was also for non-restricted wouldn't you have to shoot 20 rounds from a non-restricted?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by ruddricky View Post
    I don't want to start a fighting match. But please show me in which paragraph does it state that you must pass law 9 if you want to join a gun club with only non-restricted firearms. When you do your law 9 course you must 20 rounds from a restricted firearm. If this law was also for non-restricted wouldn't you have to shoot 20 rounds from a non-restricted?
    See my post just above yours.

One thing in law 9 I know applies to ALL firearm owners is the fact that you can't transport or be in possession of firearms in public transit, schools, etc.

Maybe thats why I got confused. Some parts of the law apply to all classes of firearms, some don't...

I guess i did read the law correctly....btw thank you to lucky72 and sewktbk for helping quebec firearms owner.....and yes i've signed the petition a long time ago.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by ruddricky View Post
    I guess i did read the law correctly....btw thank you to lucky72 and sewktbk for helping quebec firearms owner.....and yes i've signed the petition a long time ago.
    thanks for your words sir

and thanks for signing it!

Official French Facilitator lucky72's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sewktbk View Post
    thanks for your words sir

and thanks for signing it!

same for me, its us that thank you, we can do lots of work, but without the support of gun owners we can't fight the good fight.
    EOSC Member
    NRA Life Member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by 1000101 View Post
    sorry I didn't explain it properly , this is for my non restricted pal

so in Quebec its just pass the course, fill out the form and get my pal

then I would be able to buy a semi auto non restricted CZ 858 ?

I wont have to join a gun club?

Yes, simply pass the course, fill the form send the result of the course with your application. Wait for a short while, buy your CZ858 and go shoot... It as simple as that...

You don't need to go the to police station or joint a club, all that is for a RPAL....

I don't think I'll ever get my rpal. I do not want to go to the police station and have my name on some list . So if I pulled over for a stop sign ,they might wanna search my car because they know I have guns

I want to get my pal and wait till the registry is dead before buying any guns.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast