Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: getting a gun permit in Quebec

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    And remember to take the saftey course not challenge the test if you want to hunt in Quebec for anything.If you challenge the test you can only target shoot not hunt.Even for just small game.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000101 View Post
    I don't think I'll ever get my rpal. I do not want to go to the police station and have my name on some list . So if I pulled over for a stop sign ,they might wanna search my car because they know I have guns

I want to get my pal and wait till the registry is dead before buying any guns.

i would not worry about that: got pulled over on my way to the range, the cops never asked me if i was transporting any guns.

he did give me a ticket for driving at 60km in a 50 km zone though...

i did have some small issues when i delivered my rpal application to the cops, first, they sent me to a SQ police station 30 minutes away, the SQ sent me back to them, then they sent me back again to the SQ , claiming that the cfo is a provincial matter, the guy from the SQ was as pissed off as i was, but he was the only one who could show it, he called the police station of my town and told him what to do...

then it went ok... i only had a funny face when the 21 year old carrying a gun and a badge asked me what my intentions were in buying a restricted gun...

was probably a trick question...

and there are many photocopies of my request at the station...but all of this was when this process was new, i dont think i would have to go thru this again...

Quote Originally Posted by sewktbk View Post
    The thing about the police station thing goes as follows :

the only way you can send your application in Quebec is by bringing it to your local police station So that your identity can be verified by the constable there.

You have to show up with 2 pieces of photo ID and the form from the CFO.
    They then put your application with the rest of their mail to be sent out.

It is simply a deterring measure. Useless perhaps, but in their books, someone who's bats**t crazy and wants guns will stay away knowing he has to be identified by a cop first.
    Incorrect. The local police will not mail it for you. The locals are mandated to check that the person applying is actually you and not someone else. There is no test to pass at the station. Be polite. It takes 5 minutes.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by va2ir View Post
    Incorrect. The local police will not mail it for you. The locals are mandated to check that the person applying is actually you and not someone else. There is no test to pass at the station. Be polite. It takes 5 minutes.
    That's exactly what I did..no test, but they disappeared in the back probably to photocopy everything. I had to show them where to sign the document

BANNED
    Another thing about the RPAL, if you're in the vicinity of parthenais you better drop it there cause some police station will charge you to fill the "in person form" it happened to me. i called the RCMP they told me the procedure is free (but to cover another cop's ass) they also told me it was left to the police station to charge for services rendered apparently a "criminal check" which is BS cause it's done at miramichi

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123