Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: S&W 1911 100th Anniversary Edition

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by burnaby View Post
    Thanks for the update. Good news is who wouldn't prefer the Series E; but another year wait.

Shouldn't this be the 101th Anny Special
    I actually prefer the original run. The 'fish scale" slide serrations look weird...
    What are the advantages of the E series?

50 minutes and 40% sold...just a heads up if you're waiting....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    "SW1911 "E" Series

With the word 'enhanced' built into its very name, the new SW1911 "E" Series offers a fresh face in the world of SW1911 pistols. Machined to exacting tolerances, the SW1911 "E" Series features a precision fit trigger, chamfered and recessed muzzle, "fish scale" scalloped slide serrations and a host of premium features commonly found on custom-made firearms. Available with a traditional stainless steel or patented scandium - alloy frame, the SW1911 "E" Series is built to excel in any environment. "
    http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...2_757751_image
    Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    I actually prefer the original run. The 'fish scale" slide serrations look weird...
    What are the advantages of the E series?
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

I'm in for one.
    Every poet is a soldier, and every soldier, a poet; for he who believes in something will surely stand up for it, and he who stands up for something must surely believe in it.

Trifle first, trifle always.

oh crap............I"m in too!
    "That rifle on the wall of the labourer’s cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”
    ~George Orwell

Is anyone ever going to fire one when they get it?

threw my chips in for this fine pistol as well

Quote Originally Posted by brandneo View Post
    Is anyone ever going to fire one when they get it?
    It will be my first 1911, and personally, I intend to bring it on the shooting range occasionally. Unless somebody convince my not to do it... but to buy a Norinco.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Lepigeon View Post
    It will be my first 1911, and personally, I intend to bring it on the shooting range occasionally. Unless somebody convince my not to do it... but to buy a Norinco.
    Just ordered mine and unless I buy a beater ,,same as you I think I will shoot it.Unless everyone says it will be worth double in a couple years,,otherwise I want to enjoy looking at it ,,, smoking, after I lay down a magazine full of hot lead, ;0)

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    Down to 10, all gone soon.
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.