Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Experience with Brad from Custom Reloading Inc.

My Experience with Brad from Custom Reloading Inc.

Hey to all my fellow Canadian shooters!

Having grown up with my father taking me to the range roughly once a month as a teenager I wouldn’t say I am new to the shooting scene, although purchasing firearms and ammunition and going to the range by myself is a new experience. When I discovered that shooting is something I would like to take from being a monthly activity to a weekly one the time came for me to start buying my own supplies and feeding my hobby.

The first unfortunate realization I made was ammo is very expensive. When you’re a student and you spend more time in the classroom each week than in the workplace a little really doesn’t go as long of a way as one would hope, so I began to look at my options. Out of all the places I checked Custom Reloading Service Inc. had the best prices by far. Naturally I was skeptical of Custom’s ability to provide reliable ammo at such a low price so I composed a private message to “customammo” (who actually turned out to be Brad) stating my concerns.

What followed was a conversation lasting nearly four hours (yes you heard right four hours) initially relating to my inquiries about his ammo, then turning into a discussion of which product of his is best suited for each of my firearms as well as a lesson on some of the basics of reloading, how bullet weight effects your firearms recoil and guidelines of IPSC competition. Finally once all of my questions relating to both his product and many other fields had been answered I assume Brad retired to bed, likely exhausted from my barrage of questions but not before he invited me to come shoot the Mission Rod and Gun speed steel match at the end of November.

When I arrived to the club in Mission for the match Brad informed me that he would make sure I was in his group given that I had never shot a match of any kind before. Brad even went as far as too shoot a different gun that afternoon so I could use his magazines because I only came with two, and anyone who has shot speed steel before can understand the necessity for more. I shot his ammo that match and didn’t have a single malfunction, but most importantly I learned that Brad is not just someone you can trust as an ammo source but Brad is a person who will go above and beyond to teach and support people who are new to firearms ownership as well as action shooting sports.

I cannot express how grateful I am for his guidance that day nor can I sufficiently attest to the high quality and great value of the ammo he provides. I will recommend buying from Custom Reloading to anyone I know from now on and will be a patron of Custom Reloading for as long as I shoot.

Thank you for everything Brad.

-Tyler

CGN Regular
    sounds like one of the good ones.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    wow, I'm impressed, both with the service and your testimonial- I wish people would go into that much detail for my website
    Don't take anything I say too seriously, my sarcasm doesn't always come through in my typing.
    Those who don't understand history are doomed to repeat it.
    Preparedness trumps response every time

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    +1 on brad is great to deal with, with great prices to match. Only question is get 5k bullets or 10k for better discount.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Custom Reloading Service Inc.

We offer a 5% discount on quantitys of 5000

We wish we could offer a better price, If we did we would go out of buisness.

Thank You to all of our customers

Brad and John
    Custom Reloading Service Inc.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by customammo; 11-28-2012 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Quote
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

Being from an older generation, I dealt with, and still deal with John, Brad's father.

Based on your story, compared to Brad, it seems that John his father is a man of few words:D John has always been fair, very accommodating and so easy to deal with through these last ten years that I have bought supplies from him. I am glad Brad has taken to the business that his father founded and nurtured.

My friends and I, have just completed pooling our funds for a substantial group buy from Customammo.

When I was younger befor wanstalls was bought out I work for Tony. And we sold John parson ammo. I worked there for several years and I never had a prolbem with his ammo. I personally have shot thousands of rounds and never had a prolbem.

I find he provided a better the par product at a sub par price. And does an exelent job at it. And would also like to take a moment to thank him

CGN frequent flyer
    I get a kick of going to John's place to pick up ammo. Old school guy, all right by me if there were more like him. Never had an issue with anything he sold. Prices on stuff he specials orders typically pretty good too and also been helpful when putting stuff together for courses.
    In case of emergency, dial 1911.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CeeZer's Avatar
    I used to get components thru another place in 'wack as well as mail order, but since I discovered Custom Reloading a couple of years ago and dealt with them several times - they are THE place to go to!! There is nothing ever to say but excellent service every single time!!! Great products as well; at least for what I'm after. And I'm most def after another 10K of bullets and primers in about a month :D

They sponsor IPSC events in BC, offer additional discounts at events and are very supportive to local shooters and the sport in general! Very competitive if not best prices around as well.
    There is no greater tyranny than that which is perpetrated under the shield of the law.

Dealing with John and Brad is about as easy as it gets. The prices are excellent and they always seem to have what I want. Anyone looking for components and loaded ammo should look no further.

My only complaint is that I have to drive past Wanstalls on the way, far too much temptation. They're a great family and they all work hard to keep up with demand, I'm sure if there were pets in the house they'd be put to work boxing ammo. I will be buying components and equipment from them until the apocolypse.

Not to hijack...but /\ Agree on Wanstalls...great no-bs crew in there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast