Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Generation 2 CSA VZ58 magwell adapters

CGN Ultra frequent flyer P0WERWAGON's Avatar
    don't hold you breath about the adapters. there only a few rifle owners that would say "yes" to the buy, and about 10% would actually buy one once the price is more than double the plastic ones.

If they opened up a paid preorder it would be pretty easy to see who is serious about one.

Quote Originally Posted by 2CentTactical View Post
    If they opened up a paid preorder it would be pretty easy to see who is serious about one.
    That's why I keep harping a pre-order or group buy. Cash up front for a set number of orders to help make it worth their while. I'd pay double for one I didn't have to buy a backup for .

Hopefully something comes together.

Ben

As much as I like polymers I dont believe they should be in a possibly high stress area like that. I would buy a metal one at 200-300 easily. Look at the B&T 858 one it doesnt retain bolt hold open and still sells for the high end price.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by 2CentTactical View Post
    As much as I like polymers I dont believe they should be in a possibly high stress area like that. I would buy a metal one at 200-300 easily. Look at the B&T 858 one it doesnt retain bolt hold open and still sells for the high end price.
    Maybe check some threads in the red rifle forum, the B&T adapter has some issues and for that price, it shouldn't happen inc. the bolt open issue.

I had my rifle modified by Casey and have the gen 2 adapter. Awesome work and turnaround time and works flawlessly.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    http://www.kickstarter.com/

Set up a kickstarter page. Set the goal as the required minimum run of aluminum adapters and set the individual cost of the adapter as a prize (Essentially making it a pre-order).

Investors are not charged unless it actually reaches the goal by the deadline.

If it does reach the deadline, you get a shiny new mag adapter. If it doesn't, then we all move on.

Simple.
    If you're going through hell, keep going.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chuck3436's Avatar
    I'm still in for the metal adapter. Just the insert sleeve is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by SCDL View Post

Set up a kickstarter page. Set the goal as the required minimum run of aluminum adapters and set the individual cost of the adapter as a prize (Essentially making it a pre-order).

If it does reach the deadline, you get a shiny new mag adapter. If it doesn't, then we all move on.

Simple.
    An excellent idea, and it works. I've been involved in 'financing' a Kickstarter project, and it's worked out really well. Being able to plan for the cost on the CC works out well, and gives the project a huge level of certainty, in regards to go/no go.
    "Neil, if you had any guts you'd yell 'Oh my God, what is that thing?!', scream, and then cut your mic." :

- Michael Collins on the first words to be spoken on the Moon

Quote Originally Posted by SCDL View Post

Simple.
    This is a good idea, and I will look into it tonight.

This isn't that simple though, if I was going to design/build one of these from pretty much scratch there are prototyping issues and that sort of thing. I would have to finish the design work, build a prototype, test it, refine it, then go out for prices to do a production run before I would be confident enough in my numbers to start a kickstarter page (and I'm probably missing a few steps in there such as T&E with people other than myself).

Much easier for CSA to build one as they already have most of this done.

I have started a CAD model with this in mind, but haven't finished it yet or produced fabrication drawings.

Unless you meant for CSA to work with us to get a kickstarter project going - I'm all for that.

We seem to be derailing this thread though. If anyone is interested send me a PM or we can start another thread in the appropriate place.

I have yet to have much response from CSA regarding this, so hopefully they are working on it? I imagine they are pretty busy though.

Thanks,

Ben
    Last edited by mspben; 04-16-2012 at 08:10 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by mspben View Post
    This is a good idea, and I will look into it tonight.

This isn't that simple though, if I was going to design/build one of these from pretty much scratch there are prototyping issues and that sort of thing. I would have to finish the design work, build a prototype, test it, refine it, then go out for prices to do a production run before I would be confident enough in my numbers to start a kickstarter page (and I'm probably missing a few steps in there such as T&E with people other than myself).

Much easier for CSA to build one as they already have most of this done.

I have started a CAD model with this in mind, but haven't finished it yet or produced fabrication drawings.

Unless you meant for CSA to work with us to get a kickstarter project going - I'm all for that.

We seem to be derailing this thread though. If anyone is interested send me a PM or we can start another thread in the appropriate place.

I have yet to have much response from CSA regarding this, so hopefully they are working on it? I imagine they are pretty busy though.

Thanks,

Ben
    Which is a shame, given the limited Canadian market. KS seems to be 'custom made' for our limited 'area of want', and the limited market for such 'gadgets'.
    You want, you pay, up front, and if enough interest is shown, go to design/production. The key is to ENSURE your costs, and profit, are covered. People either pony up or don't. Either way, it's safe.

Specify up front, "beta test", and people will pony up, or not. Given our limited Canadian market, it makes boat loads of sense. Why waste time and energy?

It culls the perennial "I'd buy that in a heart beat" crowd right out of the pic. We've all been here long enough to know how the "yeah, I'd take one..." scenario works out. And you're right; waiting for CSA...- it's a potentially good marketing tool for them, as well, if they elect to role something out specifically for the Canadian market.

Pony up, or shut up, when the CC # hits the Internet, in the grand scheme O' things.
    "Neil, if you had any guts you'd yell 'Oh my God, what is that thing?!', scream, and then cut your mic." :

- Michael Collins on the first words to be spoken on the Moon