Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Generation 2 CSA VZ58 magwell adapters

Quote Originally Posted by luke s View Post
    Yes I have the exact same problem as described above. I am not sure if it is because the follower on the lar mag sucks or if the bolt catch tab that the follower engages is too small.

I will try to fill the dented follower with some jb weld or epoxy to see if it strengthens it

I also noticed that the lar follower tilts and doesnt engage the bolt catch

I have not used any other mags, so don't know if the problem is isolated to just lar mags or if it happens with all mags
    Im also having this issue!! ive ordered new magazines in hopes of curing the issue with a higher quality follower, but i must say im not really impressed by the expense, cost, and waist of time and i would like a bit more help from the supplier, in all really kind of a big let down so far

I've had the Gen2 for awhile and it has no problems with D+H mags. Would still prefer a metal magwell in the long run though

Gray follower in your LAR mags tilt to much. Ill be trying anti tilt followers later to see if it fixes it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer luke s's Avatar
    Jb weld was a total failure, the catch just dug into them more. Upgrading to magpul followers helped a lot but still not perfect

Gen 2 Pmags work really well (have to make slight modification), I think gen 3 solved the gen 2 issue though

I ordered these off ebay and they fixed the problem.
    MAGPUL-MAG110YEL-Enhanced-Self-Leveling-Follower-3-pack
    Member, CSSA, NFA, NRA

non tilt followers work better but still not a real soliton to the problem, my firearm is unsafe with this adapter installed and the only reason i went with this in .223 was because of the promises made by CSA! bolt catch failed twice just installed a 3rd and another fail, i want my money back or real solution !! ive now dished out 1500.00 bucks with nothing to to show for it
    Last edited by Nitroxrunsthrume; 06-14-2013 at 06:54 PM.

CGN Regular
    Any word on the metal magwell adapters? My polymer one is horrible. It doest not fit snugly and has a fair bit of play, as a result the last round hold open does not work. When it does engage, if the adapter wiggles at all, the bolt slams shut.

cant find these online anywhere .. any thoughts on who to order from ?

Quote Originally Posted by North_Sylva View Post
    Both CSA and North Sylva have been listening to opinions and concerns on the CSA AR-15 magwell adapter.

As a result of the feedback provided by the consumers, CSA has made a second generation magwell adapter that is a considerable improvement and deal with some of the issues from the original unit.

The main changes in design include reinforcements into the unit itself which greatly increases the stiffness and durability of the unit. It also has a more prononced flare which aids in mag changes and also add a bit more stiffness to the unit overall.

The location of the mag release button remains unchanged and will be a very familiar feel to those already used to the AR-15/M4 set ups.

Here are a few pictures to show the new design.

Thanks,

h ttp://www.kellysonline.ca/collections/magazines/products/csa-ar-magwell-adapter
    h ttp://www.zahal.org/products/vz-58-mag-well-adapter
    -gosse

I got mine from zahal recently. I wouldn't recommend it, zahal was fine to deal with. The adapter however is junk.