Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 467891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Generation 2 CSA VZ58 magwell adapters

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gosse View Post
    h ttp://www.kellysonline.ca/collections/magazines/products/csa-ar-magwell-adapter
    h ttp://www.zahal.org/products/vz-58-mag-well-adapter
    is the one from kellysonline the same as the zahal one? The zahal plastic one sucks... doesn't fit tightly and the last round hold open doesn't work. I'm looking for a much better replacement.

I bought one from Zahal and it's working perfectly . Never had a single problem with it. Try some other mags.

BANNED
    I speak Czech and I can tell you, these part must be made out of gold for the prices.

CGN Regular
    the actual magwell adapter fits really loosely... it isn't the mags. When you wiggle the adapter there is a lot of play.

I've got mine recently from Tactical Ordinance. My CSA 7.62 required some dremel work to be done, but after that adapter works fine with XCR 7.62 pistol mags. There is some play on the magwell adapter itself, but not that bad. While it's not perfect but it is the only way to work around stupid limitations I've had about 250 rounds last weekend without single failure. So, it's good for now. Not sure for how long those plastic will last.
    Otium reficit vires

High Caliber also has it in stock: http://www.hical.ca/csa-cz-vz-to-ar-magwell-adapter/
    -gosse

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 2CentTactical View Post
    Gray follower in your LAR mags tilt to much. Ill be trying anti tilt followers later to see if it fixes it.
    CSA Said that they only tested them with certain high quality mags and we should use those, the problem is they are 30 round rifle mags. None of the LAR or XCR mags even with anti tilt followers will properly engage that tab and lock back on the last round. If they made that tab any longer it would actually hit the round in the mag which is why they made it so short. Also when it does not engage the follower and gets jammed against the side of the follower the bolt will ride over top of it deforming it to the point where you cant engage it. I took mine out and ground off the tab that is supposed to catch on the follower so it is just a round pin I can manually lock the bolt back if I want to. This is not big deal unless you compete with it and want the bolt to lock on the last round. I would suggest if you compete you will want an AR anyway. It sucks you basically have to have 2 guns, the best competition guns you cant shoot in the bush which is why I have the VZ 58, it takes 10 round AR pistol mags and is non restricted. It is a good gun for competition but not the best.

is there a Canadian supplier for csa 58 accessories kelly's is out of stock and ive heard mixed reviews on zahal

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Lots of places. Corwin, ZAHAL, Wolverine, SFRC, Wanstalls.
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

F...n love Zahal. Ordered so much stuff there. At the last one , they've sent wrong muzzle break....sent them a message about it.....6 days later I've received the right one.....no extra charges.