Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Generation 2 CSA VZ58 magwell adapters

Quote Originally Posted by Cilantro View Post
    Same as those above me, the adapter installed perfectly on my 2014 7.62 CSA Vz58. Haven't shot it yet but it holds and feeds XCR pistol mags perfectly. It's pretty solid, definitely not going anywhere, but like others I'm concerned with the plastic quality of the part. I'm considering scanning this and making a one-off out of aluminum for T&E purposes...
    I'll buy the aluminum if I can join ya' in a one-off x2 :D

Quote Originally Posted by katazone View Post
    I have a Vz.58 7.62, serial# starting with 58******, installed the adapter. The front of the XCR mag is hitting the lip below the feed ramp. Looks like I'll need machining. Thought it was only the early models with serial#s in the 56***** that had to be worked on?
    Once installed, looks like you can't use original 30/5 mags any longer. Am I alone or is this normal?
    And last but not least, I guess good bye ambi-mag and ambi-bolt release
    A little eye candy:
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    I had this problem too, at the beginning. The answer for me was to load XCR mags to 7 or 8 for the first hundred rounds or so and now it's working like a charm.

Unfortunately (or fortunately haha) I've moved but kept half my guns back in Ottawa. I'm still very interested in trying to make a more "solid" version that may also alleviate some of the feeding issues I've seen. I have a few friends with access to 3D printers. I think when I get back to Ottawa t the end of teh month I'll detach teh adapter and sling it to a buddy who can scan it, or find someone who can...

CGN Regular
    So almost a year down the road since the last entry in this thread... what's the verdict? Are users of VZ58's in 7.62 still happy with the CSA adapters?

I have recently gotten a VZ and am on the fence as to go for ambi mag release and tactical bolt release or try out the magwell adapter with some XCR mags.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by coyo View Post
    So almost a year down the road since the last entry in this thread... what's the verdict? Are users of VZ58's in 7.62 still happy with the CSA adapters?

I have recently gotten a VZ and am on the fence as to go for ambi mag release and tactical bolt release or try out the magwell adapter with some XCR mags.

Thanks in advance.
    The CSA adapters are great, but yeah if you're gonna use XCR mags load them up with 8 rounds for the first few hundred. Also the BC Tactical ambi controls will not fit in a CSA Vz58 without modification, go for the Zahal ones, they're drop-in parts. And as for putting on magpul Zhukov handguards, I'm in the process of designing a hinged clamshell lower handguard retainer that will hopefully allow Vz owners to return their rifles to original spec if they wish. But that's a loooong ways off sadly

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Cilantro View Post
    The CSA adapters are great, but yeah if you're gonna use XCR mags load them up with 8 rounds for the first few hundred. Also the BC Tactical ambi controls will not fit in a CSA Vz58 without modification, go for the Zahal ones, they're drop-in parts. And as for putting on magpul Zhukov handguards, I'm in the process of designing a hinged clamshell lower handguard retainer that will hopefully allow Vz owners to return their rifles to original spec if they wish. But that's a loooong ways off sadly
    Thanks for the update. It was the Zahal units I was looking at; I like the design of them better. They may not get the green light though as I'm now leaning towards the XCR mags (and I'm guessing the tactical bolt release won't work with the magwell adapter).

The bolt release didn't really work as a release anyway, more as a more ergonomic bolt hold open. The force needed to actually close the bolt was always more than my trigger finger's worth. But it's worth the convenience for manual BHO to be honest.

I went to the local machinist. He copied the the dimensions of the plastic csa adapter and cut it from a 3/8" piece of aluminum. Made it in two halves and then pinned and wielded it together. I just used the mag release from the plastic adapter. Fine fitted everything and it works great! Had to be worked in with a few rounds. But after that it work perfectly! Even the bolt hold open works perfect! Only down side was the price cost me 400$ but I I'm pretty happy with it!Name:  image.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  51.8 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  38.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Battleworn View Post
    I went to the local machinist. He copied the the dimensions of the plastic csa adapter and cut it from a 3/8" piece of aluminum. Made it in two halves and then pinned and wielded it together. I just used the mag release from the plastic adapter. Fine fitted everything and it works great! Had to be worked in with a few rounds. But after that it work perfectly! Even the bolt hold open works perfect! Only down side was the price cost me 400$ but I I'm pretty happy with it!Name:  image.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  51.8 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  38.2 KB
    That looks frickin sweet! I have been kinda put off by the thin walled flimsy plastic adapter that is available.

CGN Regular
    I have 2 rifles in 5.56 both with the AR mag adapters and have run thousands of rounds through them with no malfunctions. The magazine catch does not work reliably so I just ground down the tab that contacts the follower so it just can act as a manual bold hold open only. I would recommend one for 5.56 rifles