Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Generation 2 CSA VZ58 magwell adapters

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chuck3436's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CSA-North Sylva View Post
    If purchase orders and price point are where they need to be, then it would be an opportunity CSA would look at.

Dan
    This warrants further discussion imo.

I'd be down for one for sure.

In terms of price point, I would figure that comparing to the B&T would be a good starting point, as those are all metal and seem to be quite popular.

I wonder if gauging interest among us 556 csa owners to upgrade from the polymer insert to an all metal insert warrants further discussion. To me, this is one of my lifelong "keeper" rifles and this modification should last the life of the rifle itself. If I wanted plastic, I would have kept my su-16....this csa feels like 10x the rifle in my hands, reason being....no plastic! That being said, I don't think I could ever wear out this gen2 magwell...but...for the things I like, I like them being as good as they can be.

Does anyone stock these yet?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by 2CentTactical View Post
    Does anyone stock these yet?
    x2:D

1) Has anybody put up an installation video/picture guide of these or will there be? Is installation a pain in the ass? Hate playing with little bits and springs w/o definitive knowledge things will go right or have a proper step by step guide to follow.

no installation video or picture guide, but I just finished putting mine in. Took about 10 minutes (7 of which were spent looking for a spring I lost).

I'm not 100% sure but I fear I may possibly be mildly retarded, and this was still a simple job. :D

Is this thing meant to stay in place, or is it removable easily?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Commenting to follow- might be getting a Vz58 later in life :D
    Foxtrot Foxtrot Sierra!

Quote Originally Posted by tootall View Post
    Is this thing meant to stay in place, or is it removable easily?
    the adapter itself is removable if you want to clean it, throw it at a cat or whatever. The replacement springs and little bits stay solidly in place.

if you want to take everything out and go back to your original configuration, its a pretty straightforward job.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chuck3436's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mullet maniac View Post
    1) Has anybody put up an installation video/picture guide of these or will there be? Is installation a pain in the ass? Hate playing with little bits and springs w/o definitive knowledge things will go right or have a proper step by step guide to follow.

no installation video or picture guide, but I just finished putting mine in. Took about 10 minutes (7 of which were spent looking for a spring I lost).

I'm not 100% sure but I fear I may possibly be mildly retarded, and this was still a simple job. :D
    Actually I agree, after actually installing it myself it did take about 3min.

BANNED
    where'd you guys get your gen 2 adapters?

So newer ones dont require machining. What do I look at on the receiver with regards to the serial number to know if it will need machining.