Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Generation 2 CSA VZ58 magwell adapters

Quote Originally Posted by 2CentTactical View Post
    So newer ones dont require machining. What do I look at on the receiver with regards to the serial number to know if it will need machining.
    Czech Small Arms Sa vz.58 rifles (5.56x45mm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is a small quantity of Czech Small Arms (CSA) Sa vz.58 rifle models (5.56x45mm) that will not allow fit and function of the AR-15 magazine well adapter (mag well adapter). Rifles with the following serial numbers will require magazine well modification for the mag well adapter:

5600004CA through 5600127CA
    5600008C through 5600089C

If the rifle owner (non-dealer) would like the rifle modified to function with the AR-15 mag well adapter, CSA will provide modification of the magazine well. In addition to CSA covering the cost of the machining, the rifle owner will also receive a 2nd Generation mag well adapter at no additional cost. This 2nd generation mag well adapter has the waffle-type pattern and flared opening to assist with magazine insertion. CSA will cover the cost of the machining, and the 2nd generation mag well adapter (including labor for installation of mag well parts), while the owner will be responsible for all shipping charges. The rifle will be returned to the owner with the 2nd generation mag well adapter parts installed (magazine catch, bolt catch, and bolt catch spring will be returned to the owner as these original parts are not used with the adapter).

If an owner already possesses the 1st generation mag well adapter, and has a rifle with a serial number found in the sequence above, the 2nd generation mag well adapter will be provided as a free upgrade. In addition to shipping the rifle for modification, please include the complete mag well adapter (65), mag well adapter catch (651), mag well adapter bolt catch (652), and mag well adapter bolt catch spring (653). These parts will be used with the 2nd generation mag well adapter and will be installed on the rifle. The first generation mag well adapter will be returned to the owner. For reference to the mag well adapter part numbers, please click on the following link: http://csa.co.cz/files/files/pribalo...obnik%20A5.pdf

Important Note to dealers: if a rifle(s) is in inventory and within the serial number sequence above, and you would like the magazine well modification performed, please contact Dan Brown for further information. Dan Brown’s e-mail is: dan.brown@csa.co.cz Dan Brown will respond to your e-mail within one business day.

* CSA’s offer of modifying the magazine well expires May 31, 2012.

Procedure for shipping Sa vz.58 rifle (5.56x45mm) for magazine well modification:

Please contact Tactical Ordnance, Inc. to provide rifle serial number and to confirm shipping date. Tactical Ordnance, Inc. will issue a Return Merchandise Authorization # (RMA#). E-mail is the preferred method of contact – please send e-mail to: Info@TacOrd.com. Tactical Ordnance, Inc. will schedule a time frame to ship the rifle to their facility. At the same time, they will provide an approximate turnaround time on the rifle.

Shipping address for Tactical Ordnance, Inc. is:

Tactical Ordnance, Inc.
    811 Graham Sideroad (King Township)
    RR2 Newmarket, ON
    CANADA L3Y 4V9

Important Note: there are times when Tactical Ordnance, Inc. can be quite busy providing gunsmithing services and firearms training. Please do not ship a rifle to their facility without contacting them first for instructions.

if yours falls outside of the above mentioned serial numbers, no machining required.

Yeap, I agree with this post. I broke my gen 1 adapter on the weekend. No problems with customer service (dealer was great when I phoned) but I would rather have an all metal adapter with the mag release in the same spot as the current plastic ones.

I had around a 200 round session on Friday, and the part finally broke while fondling/practicing mag changes the day after.

Nothing I was doing was overly aggressive either. I'd like one I could put through a carbine course without worry, and I'd be willing to pay for it as well!

Put me down for one if CSA makes it.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck3436 View Post
    This warrants further discussion imo.

I'd be down for one for sure.

In terms of price point, I would figure that comparing to the B&T would be a good starting point, as those are all metal and seem to be quite popular.

I wonder if gauging interest among us 556 csa owners to upgrade from the polymer insert to an all metal insert warrants further discussion. To me, this is one of my lifelong "keeper" rifles and this modification should last the life of the rifle itself. If I wanted plastic, I would have kept my su-16....this csa feels like 10x the rifle in my hands, reason being....no plastic! That being said, I don't think I could ever wear out this gen2 magwell...but...for the things I like, I like them being as good as they can be.

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by matty86suk View Post
    where'd you guys get your gen 2 adapters?
    I just ordered mine from Target Sports. Now waiting to order the rifle from Wolverine...

Cheers
    Jay
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by matty86suk View Post
    where'd you guys get your gen 2 adapters?
    I got mine from TSE

CGN Regular
    I sent of my CSA VZ58s to Tactical Ordnance and Casey did a great job machining my receivers. The install was simple and straight forward.

I test fired my carbine and here are some notes:

- Colt 20 round magazine bodies do not work with this conversion. The mags will not lock in place.
    - HK416 mags work
    - GI 30 round mags work
    - EMAG needs to be modified to work. The "U" needs to be squared off in order for the BCG to clear the back of the mag and to prevent the mag from pushing up on the bolt stop causing the bolt to stay locked open.
    - The bolt hold open works with the metal bodied 30 round mags, but sometimes doesn't lock open with the EMAG. One EMAG gave me some issues...probably my modification wasn't good enough.
    - ZERO fail to feed with my limited 60 round test.
    - ZERO fail to eject
    - PMAGs are too tight in the magwell to fit properly

I'm happy with the conversion! I think you need to be cautious with the magwell as it is plastic and I'm not 100% confident that take a lot of abuse. But if you want a relatively cheap waty to shoot AR15 mags ina 5.56 VZ58, this is a pretty good way to do it!

[QUOTE=Mikjk;6963092]I sent of my CSA VZ58s to Tactical Ordnance and Casey did a great job machining my receivers. The install was simple and straight forward.

I test fired my carbine and here are some notes:

- Colt 20 round magazine bodies do not work with this conversion. The mags will not lock in place.
    - PMAGs are too tight in the magwell to fit properly

QUOTE]

Casey does awesome work.

Damn, on the Colt 20's and PMAGS though...ugghhh.
    .30 WCF....emptying saddles since 1895.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer P0WERWAGON's Avatar
    does anyone in the vancouver area stock these?

Anyone know where I can get the gen 2 in Canada ?? Gp and another place have gen 1, only Zahal seems to have gen 2.

Thanks

Target Sports seem to have it in stock.
    -gosse