Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 57891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Generation 2 CSA VZ58 magwell adapters

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Zahal is excellent and top notch to deal with. I don't know what you have heard about them.

I used this magwell adapter and I must say it is wearing pretty fast some mags pinning location digs into the magwell and slowly cutting it. I hope GEN 3 is steel...
    Back to the Grind

This is my solution.

This adapter is designed for 5.56 version of CSA, but works just fine with 7.62. The only thing that is different from the original one on mine is that I've removed plastic feeding lips (one broke anyways ) and it works just fine. I've also replaced the retaining pin that holds mag release and mag lock pin with 6-32x1 1/2 screw and fixed with nut on the other side of the magwell adapter to eliminate a wobble. Also, I've glass bedded back of it to reduce the mag wobble as well. Now it's very sturdy and feels very solid as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollyon View Post
    the actual magwell adapter fits really loosely... it isn't the mags. When you wiggle the adapter there is a lot of play.
    Otium reficit vires

CGN Regular
    Wow. That is really great. I don't have any mechanical skills at all. Did it take very long to do? I'm in the GTA as well. I'd gladly pay for work like that.

I installed mine in the exact same way as id64 and it most certainly works. It took all of 5 minutes, and that's including reading each step twice for no reason other than committing it to memory.
    "No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave." - James Burgh

The cake is a lie.

Same as those above me, the adapter installed perfectly on my 2014 7.62 CSA Vz58. Haven't shot it yet but it holds and feeds XCR pistol mags perfectly. It's pretty solid, definitely not going anywhere, but like others I'm concerned with the plastic quality of the part. I'm considering scanning this and making a one-off out of aluminum for T&E purposes...

has anyone had any experience with the mag well adapter and gen3 pmags?

Quote Originally Posted by Cilantro View Post
    Same as those above me, the adapter installed perfectly on my 2014 7.62 CSA Vz58. Haven't shot it yet but it holds and feeds XCR pistol mags perfectly. It's pretty solid, definitely not going anywhere, but like others I'm concerned with the plastic quality of the part. I'm considering scanning this and making a one-off out of aluminum for T&E purposes...
    I have a few ARTEC scanners at work, I would be happy to do it for you.

I have a Vz.58 7.62, serial# starting with 58******, installed the adapter. The front of the XCR mag is hitting the lip below the feed ramp. Looks like I'll need machining. Thought it was only the early models with serial#s in the 56***** that had to be worked on?
    Once installed, looks like you can't use original 30/5 mags any longer. Am I alone or is this normal?
    And last but not least, I guess good bye ambi-mag and ambi-bolt release
    A little eye candy:
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by katazone; 07-09-2015 at 07:42 PM.

Cilantro...I'll buy the aluminum if I can join ya' in a one-off x2 :D