Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: CZ 858 22lr conversions

CGN Ultra frequent flyer easysauce's Avatar
    I know mossburg made an AR-15 lookalike in .22, if they dont have an ak version they should

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Cz is different than an AK in function. Cz is striker fired first off.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    Cz is different than an AK in function. Cz is striker fired first off.
    X2 different beasts.

I'm quite interested in this as well, I keep seeing reasons I need a VZ, this would put me over the fence.

Quote Originally Posted by easysauce View Post
    the bolt carrier in a AK is not even close to the DI run BCG like in an AR-15, you would have to strip the whole action, change it out, change the barrel (shooting down a .30cal barrel w .22 is NOT the same as .22 down a .223{which are both same "caliber width"}) and then you would magically have to get the AK piston to run on a .22lr... cause wheres the "blow back" come from if the gass stops at teh ak piston?
    lol oh jeeze, need to read up on the difference between gas operated and blowback don't ya buddy!
    OP'd by jbrow397:
    We held court on the Internet and as usual, all parties are held in contempt.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Mini 14 has a 22LR conversion, I have one and it works like a charm.

The problem is: The AR's and Mini 14 are all .223 which is the same caliber as 22lr (.223 being high powered), the CZ 858 is 30 caliber, so ... forget it.

CGN Regular
    Why is everyone getting so hung up on the 30 cal thing. I understand a 223-22 conversion is relatively straight forward, but a barrel liner in the 7.62 bore would solve that wouldn't it? The one's I've seen are 5/16" o.d., which is around .312", I'm sure CSA or any other manufacturer could make something like that work in a .30 cal bbl no problem?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Sardaukar's Avatar
    Jeez, I wonder why North Sylva hasn't contributed to this thread yet.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer P0WERWAGON's Avatar
    cause it is Christmas? bet they are off till January too.

I've read this whole thread and it seems to be full of stupid. Putting a .22LR down a greater-than-.22-caliber barrel isn't exactly rocket science. Like many before have suggested a new bolt system and a barrel liner isn't exactly a hard-pressed stroke of genius. In fact, during WWII, Erma developed a drop in, magazine fed, .22 LR conversion for the 98K rifles. They dropped a full length barrel liner down the bore and essentially built a micro action that sat in where the bolt normally was. Developing something similar for any other over-caliber rifle (bolt or otherwise) would not be a tremendous burden, but would require some ingenious thinking and careful planning.

Anywho, back to more important things... Like how to turn 30-30s into .30 Remingtons...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - When all else fails, vote from the rooftops "Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est"

CGN Regular
    Guys let's get real here the 858's are actually bad sacry sniper assault AK-47 rifles and no one should have them!! Also High- cap assault clips automatically turn any man into a killer! :D

But in all seriousness I would be very interested in one of these kits

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast