Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Norinco M-77B

CGN Ultra frequent flyer handofzeus's Avatar
    I can't bring myself to go 'HI-POINT'. Ugly and utilitarian yes, but too much poorly finished plastic. I prefer all -metal handguns. Alloy and steel is alright, but for the sake of wear, gimme an all steel ugly sucker that I can look at in twenty years and smile with pride at the fun/cost/wear ratio!
    Canada ended when Trudeau began.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by handofzeus View Post
    I can't bring myself to go 'HI-POINT'. Ugly and utilitarian yes, but too much poorly finished plastic. I prefer all -metal handguns. Alloy and steel is alright, but for the sake of wear, gimme an all steel ugly sucker that I can look at in twenty years and smile with pride at the fun/cost/wear ratio!

One of my favorite posts of 2011, and just in time!! I am also not a fan of plastic in firearms. If you can buy an inexpensive steel frame for the same price or less, you'd have to be off your rocker to do otherwise.

i tried to order one...out of stock, got a np-20 for sh!ts and giggles' ergonomics were awful, took a angle grinder to the frame, then filed, sanded, blued, made some wood grips,now it feels and looks better, still needs some love...but the damn thing shoots good!
    definatly my "fugliest" gun,........ $230....i have spent that at the bar in an evening, and only had a hangover to show for it, so i guess its a "good" buy lol!

Nice, I like to hear a good McGyver! I really wanted to check out the one finger cocking on the M-77. The nice thing about steel Norcs is that you can really mess around with them. If ya bugger something up, just fix it.....even make a part! If ya really bugger it up, oh well, like you said it's worth the equivalent of a night out!! CHEERS!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Big JD-From the hills's Avatar
    A wile back I looked one over at a gun show and it seemed to made well enough, allot better than there 1911's at that time.

Okay, that's it....time to start bugging other dealers if Marstar is sold out! Unless there's some kind of export issue at China's end of it, I don't see why we can't get them here. Somebody mentioned a thread about why Marstar had them as a one time deal, but I can't find it.

yah i wanted the 77 for the cocking set up too, bought the mp 20 as a booby prize ,lol
    if you want to monkey around with a gun , these or the toks, chineese or ruski are an affordable platform......not building a comp gun or anything, just havin fun! absolute worst case cut it in half with a chop saw!
    as my buddy says, "you cant make a silk purse out of a sows ear,...but you can make a swede wallet!"

CGN Regular
    Any news of a Norinco shipment of M-77's anytime soon? When they were here, I thought they were the ugliest thing ever made. The more I look at the pictures, the more I want one of the ugly little buggers!
    Does anybody know what finding replacement parts is like for these? I picked one up on the EE close to a month ago and it's in transit as we speak. It has a polished slide and I think, and absolutely gorgeous pistol in two tone. What a difference!

I am starting to wonder if it is a one time shipment, it has to be rough to find parts if you need them. I wonder if any of the internals are interchangeable with other Norc models.....

Ah, yer killin' me! You actually got your hands on one! I don't know about the parts, sorry. As long as it isn't a barrel or slide that needs replacing, I figure any machine shop can fab needed parts. Please post your range report! Meanwhile.....'hello, China?....send more guns!'

CGN Regular
    Ah, yer killin' me! You actually got your hands on one! I don't know about the parts, sorry. As long as it isn't a barrel or slide that needs replacing, I figure any machine shop can fab needed parts. Please post your range report! Meanwhile.....'hello, China?....send more guns!'
    Yes sir, I did indeed find one. Very interesting little pistolla. The under barrel cocker is a neat feature. Should arrive today, can't wait to check her out. It will be a few weeks before I can get to the range though. As soon as I do, I will post a report. I want to see how much more feedback is received from a delayed blowback pistol, as I have never fired one. I will try my best not to rub it in, but I can't make any promises.... Sorry! Lol.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast