Thread: Membership discounts?

Membership discounts?

Quick question, deciding where to sign up for a membership, and talked briefly with counter staff today regarding whether there was a membership discount similar to CSC for Police, EMS, Military and Fire (Local Heros package)? He mentioned something like "professional shooter" or something like that, but couldn't provide much more. Help me make my decision!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tuco Pike's Avatar

Not to step on toes Justin and JR but...
    http://theshootingedge.com/?page_id=408
    Scroll down until you see "Professional Membership"
    Should answer most of your questions.....

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Professional User “Full Club Membership”

We recognize that those in society that are required to carry and potentially use a firearm on a daily basis, need to have continuous training and practice. This offer is limited to current (I.D. required) Military, Law Enforcement, Armed Security only.

Cost: $450 plus GST (first year) and $400 plus GST for renewals

$120 + GST for a spousal (related adult) add-on which gives your spouse all of the features of the Standard “Full club membership” plus;

The professional user receives: An in-store credit of $100 each ear of membership which will be given to assist you with your training costs.

This credit cannot be applied towards your membership cost.

Given that our club runs both an IPSC and IDPA league, there will be ample opportunity to put your skills to the test so that your proficiency and skill set stay at the peak.
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

Ok, curious because the local heros one applies to the rest of us paramilitary organizations that don't carry guns at work (Paramedic such as myself, and firefighters) as well. If I understand your above statement correctly that does not apply to me?

and oilBOOM, I did see that on the site, it never hurts to ask in case there are details that aren't advertised openly....thanks!

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 675triple View Post
    Ok, curious because the local heros one applies to the rest of us paramilitary organizations that don't carry guns at work (Paramedic such as myself, and firefighters) as well. If I understand your above statement correctly that does not apply to me?

and oilBOOM, I did see that on the site, it never hurts to ask in case there are details that aren't advertised openly....thanks!
    You are correct. Our deal only applies to those that carry firearms as part of their employment.

However, given that our regular rate is only $50 more than the CSC discounted rate for the first year and the same upon renewal, I suggest you check out both facilites and see which one fits your "style" better. Both ranges offer a number of different features and benefits.

Regardless of your decision, welcome to the shooting community.

Sincerley,

JR
    Last edited by TSE JR; 12-31-2011 at 05:38 PM. Reason: spelling - I suck!
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans