Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 578910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Swiss Arms 553-US Lower

Offical The Shooting Edge Rep. TSE_Justin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by angryeyebrows View Post
    I'm just trying to imagine a place where I can place an order for one of these lowers and get it in a reasonable time frame.

This is what was posted on the 10th of Jan 2012:

When I phoned in, credit card in hand ready to order, I was told by Stephan there was no availability and I could be waiting up to a YEAR!

WTF mate?! What's the story?
    Swiss Arms, as of Monday, quoted 4-6 months for delivery. We create and receive a Swiss Arms parts shipment every 2-3 months. Call it 6-9 months, more realistically.

A slight delay or two can easily add a month or two to any international shipment, so 6 months to a year is still a realistic time frame.

If there is another place that could get it sooner I'd be happy to refer you to them, but I don't believe R. Nicholls is importing these lowers (I would imagine they would be under the same timeline as us anyhow).

Apologies for any apparent run around or miscommunication.

It's possible (even likely) that I've missed something here although I've read this whole thread twice. Is it possible to order a new 553 lower and new black special upper with the flattop receiver (without the old style lower included) to form a complete rifle without a bunch of extra parts? If so, how much would this cost? I understand the wait times, the run arounds and all that other BS, but will not be ordering an expensive rifle that comes with a pile of expensive parts to add to my growing collection of parts I don't want or need. To summarize: New style lower + black special flattop full length non-restricted upper = how many $?

Offical The Shooting Edge Rep. TSE_Justin's Avatar
    It is possible, the complete 553-US lower will be ~$2000 CDN, I'm not sure as to the final cost of the uppers at this time because they will be coming from the CDN distributor for SAN...

Fair enough, thanks for the reply. I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.fatstacks View Post
    It's possible (even likely) that I've missed something here although I've read this whole thread twice. Is it possible to order a new 553 lower and new black special upper with the flattop receiver (without the old style lower included) to form a complete rifle without a bunch of extra parts? If so, how much would this cost? I understand the wait times, the run arounds and all that other BS, but will not be ordering an expensive rifle that comes with a pile of expensive parts to add to my growing collection of parts I don't want or need. To summarize: New style lower + black special flattop full length non-restricted upper = how many $?
    Sounds perfect to me too! $?

Quote Originally Posted by TSE_Justin View Post
    It is possible, the complete 553-US lower will be ~$2000 CDN, I'm not sure as to the final cost of the uppers at this time because they will be coming from the CDN distributor for SAN...
    Ok this is what I am then thinking.

For both range and outback, 1x 553 lower
    For range 1x CQB upper flat top (new type bolt assembly, op rod etc.)
    For outback 1x Flat lop upper 20" or even maybe the 24" if available

These would be the most cost effective way to make the ultimate Swiss Arms IMHO.
    The seven blunders of the world:
    Wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, worship without sacrifice, and politics without principle.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

Any updates on these lowers ?

BTT What is the skinny? Are some coming in?
    The seven blunders of the world:
    Wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, worship without sacrifice, and politics without principle.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

very interested , update please