Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: Swiss Arms 553-US Lower

This came out about a year ago (well to the internet at least). I been waiting, oh I've been waiting.... I grabbed one the of the first batch CQB's when they came in 05 and I'm going to grab one of these when they come. This here rifle is a blow job and rim job a the same time.

[youtube]asfgRvEDn5M[/youtube]
    The seven blunders of the world:
    Wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, worship without sacrifice, and politics without principle.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

Manufacturer-Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MPI View Post
    This came out about a year ago (well to the internet at least). I been waiting, oh I've been waiting.... I grabbed one the of the first batch CQB's when they came in 05 and I'm going to grab one of these when they come. This here rifle is a blow job and rim job a the same time.
    We spoke with them at IWA in Germany last year where they showed their prototype... where they saw ours. We maybe shouldn't have let them play with our as much as we did, they incorporated many design aspects of our design into theirs. We even discussed a partnership in the design/build process.

I suppose we should be flattered that the Swiss delayed and modified a design based off a little Canadian companies piece.

Quote Originally Posted by North Eastern Arms View Post
    We spoke with them at IWA in Germany last year where they showed their prototype... where they saw ours. We maybe shouldn't have let them play with our as much as we did, they incorporated many design aspects of our design into theirs. We even discussed a partnership in the design/build process.

I suppose we should be flattered that the Swiss delayed and modified a design based off a little Canadian companies piece.
    I thought JR's nod out to you was to say you guy's may have collaborated, didn't want to ask about things that may not be able to be spoken about. Sorry to hear JR's nod was the only one you got.

In the end it's not just about the idea it's about bringing it to market, you guys seem to do that well. Never stand still. Cheers
    The seven blunders of the world:
    Wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, worship without sacrifice, and politics without principle.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

Offical The Shooting Edge Rep. TSE_Justin's Avatar
    I'll let you guys know when I find get firm info from SAN about price and avail.

Definite interest in a complete rifle as well.
    "A man is only as good as his word"

This US-mag lower+the 553 long barrel upper is my ideal gun and would buy asap
    OP'd by jbrow397:
    We held court on the Internet and as usual, all parties are held in contempt.

like that upper with out the gay-ass ar stock
    OP'd by jbrow397:
    We held court on the Internet and as usual, all parties are held in contempt.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by angryeyebrows View Post
    You also need to bring these in. Video sucks but the adapter is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W05H-YLq-p4
    I just looked at the website for that product and they ship to Canada directly.

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    We sell the stock adapters here.

email stefan@theshootingedge.com for details.

JR
    Last edited by TSE JR; 01-06-2012 at 05:31 PM.
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

CGN frequent flyer angryeyebrows's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jjr View Post
    I just looked at the website for that product and they ship to Canada directly.
    Where do you see that? When I go to the DDLES website they specifically state under their terms and conditions that they only ship to the US. Last time I spoke to them on the phone they were looking at expanding but I don't think they have yet.

Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    We sell the stock adapters here.

email stefan@theshootingedge.com for details.

JR
    That is not the same adapter. Close but the tube is much lower.