Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: Swiss Arms 553-US Lower

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rem338win's Avatar
    I haven' heard it confirmed yet, but TSE is or is not planning on bringing these in non-restricted form?
    Junkies have tracks and that's icky. :

CGN frequent flyer angryeyebrows's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rem338win View Post
    I haven' heard it confirmed yet, but TSE is or is not planning on bringing these in non-restricted form?
    I don't think Swiss Arms offers them in a non-restricted configuration. They do offer them as the lower receiver only so you could swap out your current lower. I think TSE would likely start with bringing in a few lowers and maybe a few complete carbines.

Offical The Shooting Edge Rep. TSE_Justin's Avatar
    The original 552/3's were all 1:7. You wouldn't want to go with 1:8 or 1:9 on the shortest barrels... you need/want a faster twist on the shorter barrel for the same round.

Original 550/551's used 1:10 still... but they are available in 1:7.

SAN is still closed for inventory, so we won't get an answer back regarding more details for a bit yet.
    The patience is appreciated.

CGN frequent flyer cybershooters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baal View Post
    I will definitely buy a complete rifle, non-restricted, if you bring them in.
    Me too. And if that is even possible, I would want it in a standard set up. I.e. 1/10 twist, etc. Although I'd still be interested if they were only 1/7 or something, but I never see the point of 1/7 on these rifles. (Can't believe all this frigging hassle just to be able to use ten-round magazines).
    Steve.

Only three things are certain: death, taxes and stupid gun laws.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Please tell me you'd be bringing in the (complete rifle) 14" carbine version.

For me, it doesn't matter if whole rifles are brought in restricted or not, as I'd switch my NR classic green upper for outside range use, and use the 14" SBR for CQB or other match use.

Quote Originally Posted by cybershooters View Post
    Me too. And if that is even possible, I would want it in a standard set up. I.e. 1/10 twist, etc. Although I'd still be interested if they were only 1/7 or something, but I never see the point of 1/7 on these rifles. (Can't believe all this frigging hassle just to be able to use ten-round magazines).
    Not just the round count but the release system. I do want to get into the whole "which mags are better" debate nor do I have a problem with the AK/SA mag release system but I do prefer the AR mag release.
    The seven blunders of the world:
    Wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, worship without sacrifice, and politics without principle.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

CGN frequent flyer angryeyebrows's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MPI View Post
    Not just the round count but the release system. I do want to get into the whole "which mags are better" debate nor do I have a problem with the AK/SA mag release system but I do prefer the AR mag release.
    Most of us prefer the AR release...especially if you have the training and muscle memory built up. I do have to say though that of all the AK style mag systems, the Swiss is the smoothest!

I like this lower because it closes the gap just a little more between my restricted AR and the non-restricted Swiss Arms.

I guess this is just part of my never ending quest for a substitute AR that has none of the restricted BS.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by angryeyebrows View Post
    Most of us prefer the AR release...especially if you have the training and muscle memory built up. I do have to say though that of all the AK style mag systems, the Swiss is the smoothest!

I like this lower because it closes the gap just a little more between my restricted AR and the non-restricted Swiss Arms.

I guess this is just part of my never ending quest for a substitute AR that has none of the restricted BS.
    I hear ya, bud !

I will certainly buy one of those lowers for decent price. I like the NEA ones, but didn't want to buy another AR stock assembly.
    “To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”- Voltaire

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by ESQ View Post
    I like the NEA ones, but didn't want to buy another AR stock assembly.
    Agreed. The NEA ones are nice, but I want the original folding Swiss Rifles stock, not an AR stock.