Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: Swiss Arms 553-US Lower

Quote Originally Posted by TSE_Justin View Post
    That is the complete US lower version? Sorry I'm not sure what you're asking for.

angryeyebrows; The standard SAN lower complete is approximately $1300+GST, but this is stamped vs. the billet 553-US lower. Volume of production also dictates their pricing... they mentioned they require an approximate 2 month lead time to do runs of lowers...
    When you say complete does that also mean grip, trigger group, and mag release?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Looks like a minimum of $3500 for a complete rifle...

CGN Regular
    zuppermann how are you getting 3500? are you counting on getting a grand for your old lower?

CGN frequent flyer angryeyebrows's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ESQ View Post
    Owww... i would probably have forked up to 1500
    Me too. $1999 is in the realm of another complete rifle. I might as well spend a couple hundred more and get an SL8

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke_P View Post
    zuppermann how are you getting 3500? are you counting on getting a grand for your old lower?
    You're right, it's gonna cost more than that

Although if there is a market for the HK mr 223's (they start at about 4k's)--albeit a small one, they'll be a market for these too I suppose.

I'd still seriously look at it provided I can sell/trade something off towards it.

Offical The Shooting Edge Rep. TSE_Justin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by angryeyebrows View Post
    Still $600 dollars more per unit it pretty crazy. Who are they even marketing these for? I can't imagine the LE department that would choose a $4000+ dollar Sig over a $1500 G36.

So what is the complete gun gonna cost? I assume all the uppers are very close to the same price.
    I would imagine Europe, as Sig USA has their Sig556.
    Yes, the quoted price is the complete ready to go lower.

Their uppers are in the $2000-$3000 range depending on features/bbls/etc.

We're exploring other routes with the lower, including possibly the stripped lower to save people $800 odd on the trigger pack and folding stock.
    Last edited by TSE_Justin; 01-11-2012 at 06:01 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rem338win's Avatar
    2k for a new lower is bloody ridiculous. I quite like the SAN rifle and have had the opportunity to shoot them enough to say I would like to own one. But frankly for $2000 you can get a fantastic AR, or a couple more bucks gets me a XCR or SL8 as pointed out. Not to mention the tricked out M305 or even original Springfield.
    I don't see the quality or the complexity there that would justify such a price. Feel free to tell me that I don't have to buy one if I don't want to, but I would like to. But someone somewhere is gouging the sh*t out of this thing, and if it isn't SAN or TSE then they need to find new subs.
    $1200 maybe 1400 tops and that is what most people would say.
    Junkies have tracks and that's icky. :

CGN Regular
    tse If you could prove or at least feel out interest in a complete rifle (non restricted would be most popular i think) what would the minimum #'s be to get san interested in a small run? 100? 200? 1000? I would gladly pay a premium on a new rifle that comes with the new lower say 3500(normal) - 800 to a 1000 for factory lower + 1200 for new style lower would be 3700-3900.

is that completely out of line? 3500+- for a rifle and 1200 for the lower (stripped as previousily mentioned) is still pushing 5 and leaves me with a lower that i don't need or want, I suppose you could sell it but a few dozen guys all doing the same thing would hurt the price I would think.

if I am out to lunch don't hold back, I have been waiting for just such a beast and was considering contacting nea to make just such a thing. then I saw the new lower in sans catalouge and found this thread, it looks like the cats ass but at much above high 3's I wouldn't justify it. maybe thats just me though.

Offical The Shooting Edge Rep. TSE_Justin's Avatar
    Our prices are approximately 5-10% above Swiss Arm's own MSRP in Swiss Francs. It's 1.00CHF to 1.07CAD. We aren't gouging anyone. Our price reflects Swiss Arms' price.

As I mentioned, we are exploring other options for this lower.

CGN Regular
    I was not accusing you of raising prices or gouging.

You guys are doing a lot of work with the swiss stuff. I would pay 15-20% more for these guns (especially the sapr 7.62 if it pans out)
    from what I understand this lower comes in two forms 553 complete price unknown(to me)and the new lower by itself price 2k as mentioned.

I understand you are looking at a stripped lower. I was wondering if you said to san I want "x" amount of 551's(or pe90 if thats the wrong number) set up with the new lower from factory would the price still be the price of a new rifle plus 2k for the lower or the price of a new rifle plus say a premium(less then the 1200 for a stripped lower or ovbiousilly there is no point). I find the complete rifle ready to rock with the new lower more attractive then ending up with a factory stripped lower sitting in my garage. Maybe san could care less about some guy from canada and the options that you listed are all we are gonna get, I am cool with that I was just asking.

I was not accusing you of gouging. I was asking if it was within your power to ask san to put the lower on a batch of complete rifles(non restricted) from the word go. maybe that would result in a cheaper overall price maybe not. maybe you have gone over all these scenarios already, maybe not. I am just asking. I am assuming you guys have some relationship with san as you mention kinda putting them onto this idea via nea's lower.

cheers keep up the good work