Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Swiss Arms 553-US Lower

I would be much more amenable to a version of this where I could move the compatible parts from my standard lower over. In the $1200 range would work.
    “To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”- Voltaire

Offical The Shooting Edge Rep. TSE_Justin's Avatar
    Wasn't accusing you Luke_P, was a response to 'rem338win'.

We should be able to get complete guns with the 553-US type lower, as well as other options mentioned earlier.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rem338win's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TSE_Justin View Post
    Our prices are approximately 5-10% above Swiss Arm's own MSRP in Swiss Francs. It's 1.00CHF to 1.07CAD. We aren't gouging anyone. Our price reflects Swiss Arms' price.

As I mentioned, we are exploring other options for this lower.
    Quote Originally Posted by TSE_Justin View Post
    Wasn't accusing you Luke_P, was a response to 'rem338win'.

We should be able to get complete guns with the 553-US type lower, as well as other options mentioned earlier.
    That is fine Justin, I am not accusing you and frankly 5 to 10 points in any industry is at the low end. My point is that somewhere there is a disconnect, and I do believe that you will sell some of these because some people have expendable income, or an addiction:D Though I have found TSE high on the pricing end, and that probably comes down to overhead, and often is due to the service and services that are provided, which is again, normal. If you guys are sustaining and staying liquid as a company, it obviously works.

Are they somehow making you pay VAT as the product flies over Europe then cause that could explain it

It all looks good, and I like the idea of that lower on a classic black non-res, but I think a person would be daft to invest $5500 to get there. My opinion, and I hope some people disagree or this would be boring.
    Junkies have tracks and that's icky. :

For those asking for the import of a complete 553 rifle, would the RCMP not declare that a 550 variant?
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Something close can be done with a Swiss Arms upper ($2K?); NEA lower with trigger parts installed (advertised for $999) and say, a Magpul telescoping stock for a total lower end of $3K.

Are there copies of Swiss Arms folders in the US? I think there are.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    delete--double post
    Last edited by zupermann; 01-13-2012 at 02:32 PM.

I might be dreaming, but is there any chance to have these rifles chambered in anything other than 5.56/.223? 6.8SPC?
    Hi, my name is Mark and I'm a gun-whore.

Offical The Shooting Edge Rep. TSE_Justin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mark k View Post
    I might be dreaming, but is there any chance to have these rifles chambered in anything other than 5.56/.223? 6.8SPC?
    Their 55x series guns come in nothing but 5.56mm.

If this thing is made in Switzerland, just have them slap in on a black special upper right at the factory. Done and done.

CGN Regular
    we (at least me) are not asking for a 553 based off of a 550. I want the new lower(which is not select fire so not 550) attached to a pe 90 from the word go. good times