Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NP 22 Grip Screw Lost!

NP 22 Grip Screw Lost!

I don't know where I can get replacement. Bought this gun some years ago from Marstar. I lost one screw when I was shooting at range and didn't even notice until I got back home. I don't know if I still can buy the screw from Marstar?

I also posted this in Pistol and Revolver section.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Avalonthas's Avatar
    If Marstar doesn't carry it (which they probably do) as I believe they are the distributor for Norinco across Canada.

But if not, seek out a Sig part supplier, as it would be interchangeable with the P226 parts

Even the screws? That's good to know!

Be sure to double check before you put a new screw in the pistol.

I had the same problem on an NP34 a couple years ago, if I recall right, the Norc pistols are metric thread, and SIG screws are standard/imperial ( or the other way around).

Tried getting some shipped up (Sig screws) but the US won't export them for ITAR etc reasons. As we all know, shutting off the supply of grip screws will surely stem the tide of world terrorism. ( Ooops...ranted a bit).

Check at home depot or any machine shops, they might have something that will work for a lower price than evil gun parts go for . That's the way I went and it worked out pretty good, not an exact match of course.

If you find a workable substitute, maybe change them all out and keep the other three as spares.

Let us know if you get it fixed up.

Ah...right! Rona and Home Depot! LOL

Expired Business
    ROLLING ROCK;

Since you bought the pistol from us why not contact us ??

Since the pistol is out of waranty we will give you the screw if you pay the shipping.

John

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    ROLLING ROCK;

Since you bought the pistol from us why not contact us ??

Since the pistol is out of waranty we will give you the screw if you pay the shipping.

John
    Awesome! Thx John!:D

Gotta Love Marstar, I direct everyone I know in the sport to them.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer XRCD011's Avatar
    Ok, first off I am NOT slagging Marstar in the follow posting, just laying out my experiances with a missing NP22 grip screw. I bought a NP22 from Marstar, great little gun, super price, great dealer. One of the screws on the pistol goes missing so I call Marstar figuring this should be a straight forward thing to buy from a Norinco vender. Sadly no screws in stock the guns out of warranty and I , out of luck going to Marstar. So I go to the range (Connaught) hoping against hope that its just laying there waiting to be found (fat chance in sand but hey stranger things happen). Anyways a police service is firing that day and I get talking to one of the members and he goes in the back of their truck and gives me a couple of used Sig grip screws (which tells me they "harvest" spares off old/worn guns). I am over the moon figuring this is done till I get home and find they do not fit in the Nork Pistol22. So now I am on "Plan C" and ask Jason if he can source a screw for the grip. Jason digs around and comes up with what he suspects is a CZ75 grip screw that works. Now go back to the first sentence and note again I am not slagging Marstar but I was disappointed that they did not stock something as simple and straight forward as a grip screw and the hoops I jumped through to find a replacement.

Expired Business
    XRCDO11;

First off, we likely did not have the part when you called, we get parts from the factories in China once a year, so we plan and order, then they ship what they please....

I have said this many times, if it it something special or you need assistance ask ME, very often parts in short supply are put aside for warranty.

John

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast