Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101222 ... LastLast

Thread: Mini-master

BANNED
    I'm guessing you all have your prohib licences?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Drachenblut View Post
    I'm guessing you all have your prohib licences?
    No no....... The run that was produced a couple of years back for Kodiak outfitters came with a Canadian legal barrel ( 4.25" I believe ). The first photo in the thread was just an example of the overall size of the gun with the exception of the longer barrel added to the Canadian version. Hope that clears it up.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mlehtovaara View Post
    Not a whole lot of demand for em!

It was probably the single longest add I ever had on the EE and I was selling mine for dirt cheap in practically new condition.

I think I ended up sellin it for under $300 shipped!

It is a cool gun, but really just a novelty. A pain in the ass to load, and unload, and would spit lead/powder out at ya when shooting. My hands never got so dirty as when shooting that gun.
    When I first joined CGN roughly 18 months ago, I remember Kodiak still had them (when they were still in business) and they had an endless ad bump to sell them. However, being a very limited run in Canada, once they closed up shop, the remaining pistols on the EE shot back up. When I listed mine for sale, I sold it same day for $325.00 used and that was just a few months ago. No box, or manual. Having seller's remorse, I tried to snag another one in the EE and missed out on at least three that sold same day for well over 300 and they were all used. Limited market? Absolutely. A bit of a PITA to reload? Perhaps. For the price point, it honestly did not bother me. The Bond Arms are nice, but two rounds and reload. Is it worth more than double the price? Again, for some I am sure the answer is yes, not so much for me. I like .22lr and .22 mag.

Would I still like a brand new one with wood grips? YES PLEASE!

There is a few youtube reviews and the ones with longer barrels are surprised at the accuracy. I think as a earlier poster said the wood grips look nicer for this little gun. NAA is selling them as cheap as $284. in the U.S.

i want one for the novelty factor alone!

It was myself and Kodiak that brought in the first 50. I was tired of all the local gun shops telling me I couldn't have one, I contacted NAA directly, they said no problem doing a special run, minimum 50, so I put up 1/2 the cash, and teamed up with Kodiak. I have all the grips and accessories as well. Probably my proudest moment in firearms ownership to have got the ball rolling and been part of the process.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tkv000 View Post
    It was myself and Kodiak that brought in the first 50. I was tired of all the local gun shops telling me I couldn't have one, I contacted NAA directly, they said no problem doing a special run, minimum 50, so I put up 1/2 the cash, and teamed up with Kodiak. I have all the grips and accessories as well. Probably my proudest moment in firearms ownership to have got the ball rolling and been part of the process.
    Cool story, it surprises me that as of yet, no other dealer has decided to stock NAA stuff. Any chance you have a min master with a few acessories you want to sell me??

haha, nope, sorry, I have serial numbers 1,2,49,50 from that run There sentimental and not going anywhere.

As for the accessories, you can order them right from NAA, HOWEVER the IWB holster (obviously for show only in Canada) has a minor issue, because the Canadian Edition is a bit longer, it sticks out, and I never liked open ended holsters because crap can get in there.

So, my wife, whom makes leather goods, made me one! (the custom one is obviously the one on top, that actually fits )

Also, FWIW, I can't comment on the runs that Kodiak imported after the initial 50, but the initial 50 were all sold before they landed, so the ones he had listed in the EE afterwards that had several "bumps" up, must have been from the later runs, as there was huge demand for the initial 50

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tkv000 View Post
    haha, nope, sorry, I have serial numbers 1,2,49,50 from that run There sentimental and not going anywhere.

As for the accessories, you can order them right from NAA, HOWEVER the IWB holster (obviously for show only in Canada) has a minor issue, because the Canadian Edition is a bit longer, it sticks out, and I never liked open ended holsters because crap can get in there.

So, my wife, whom makes leather goods, made me one! (the custom one is obviously the one on top, that actually fits )

Well my friend, your more of a tease than my last girlfriend. Also as with her...... I'm jealous!! LOL! You 'da man. Those are some really special numbers there.

I really like these little pistols, I'm sure I'll find number "0" on the EE some day. Thanks for sharing the pix.......