Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Outdoor "public ranges" in the bc lower mainland.

just had a thought. did they say no sks's or do they not want the steel cored surplus ammo?

I was just at poco last week with my sks and surplus ammo. No problems.

Poco club for certain, my buddy and I have expended 2000 rounds of surplus 762x39 there in both SKS and VZ-58. Been members for a few years now.

If you need to pattern for shot, they will allow that down on the other ranges, like the Trap range between games, or 5 6 7 if you get an RUC course. We've done that too.

If you dont mind to drive

Come up to Squamish, its only $10 at range, although u gotta be with a member, easy enough to find, I am always lookin for an excuse to get away from wife and kids. Also you can head up the forestry access road behind the Chief, you will find good place to shoot. If you are feeling more adventurous, head to upper Squamish, its a beautiful drive, just make sure you drive until the pavement stops, lots of side roads, with shooting pits set up. You may run into some snow, but its not too bad right now.
    -Happiness is a warm gun

-I Love all Gods creatures, especially with mashed potatoes and gravy!!!

CGN Regular
    Not much crown land to shoot at this time of year if you have a mini van, but whats wrong 20 bucks a head at poco, thats a steal. You will spend more on gas finding crown land than that.

Try Foley Lake Service Road off of the route to chilliwack lake, you should be able to make it at least 20 mins up, my lady and I were there last week in a 89 honda civic.

thanks, we ended up making it out to squamish and going up behind the cheif, i wish i could post pics or else i would. we had a great shoot.
    no comment

That area, behind the chief is awesome. I have ridden all the way to deep cove from in behind the Chief. Tons of places to shoot, just haul out your casings and targets "please"

the spot we went to looks like bosnia. Burnt out old cars, casings everywhere... got a good feeling that a war had taken place there. kinda kool actually. I hope that spot DOESNT get cleaned up. WAY cooler the way it is.
    no comment

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12