Thread: Importing parts and the CBSA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rc_p120's Avatar

Importing parts and the CBSA

Hey guys, basic question and if it's already been answered or I missed a sticky thread than I apologize.

When it comes to importing into Canada from the United States, what kind of items can and [/i]can't[/i] you import without issue? I understand things like barrels, receivers, trigger groups, magazines, ammo etc will be a problem. What about shoulder stocks, bipods, and replacement grips, springs, etc? Is there a definitive yes and no list or is it up to CBSA approval?

tl;dr I want to buy some Hogue grips and some safariland speed loaders from the states, will I get screwed at the border??

Thanks!
    Last edited by rc_p120; 08-01-2012 at 03:09 AM.

1460 replies... It's safe to say "it's been covered".

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...ad.php?t=51554

There's even a thread dedicated to strictly Brownells exporting/importing...

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...d.php?t=430501

* it's not really a matter of what we can import (we know what's prohibited), it's EXPORTING it from the USA that is the sticky part.

(you need paperwork to leave the States with anything firearms related, shotgun & .50 BMG stuff is not exportable)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rc_p120's Avatar
    Thanks Boomer! I knew there was something on here (the search function on this forum is terrible, often not showing results even with exact words and phrases).

Thanks for the links man!

Quote Originally Posted by rc_p120 View Post
    Thanks Boomer! I knew there was something on here (the search function on this forum is terrible, often not showing results even with exact words and phrases).

Thanks for the links man!
    Ive noticed that too. Not to thread jack, but while the questions here, is there something that Im doing wrong in the search function?

On my end (with Firefox) the "search posts from" drop down box always resets to "A week ago and newer" and I always set it back to "36 months ago and newer" whenever I do a search to find anything.
    -gosse

Quote Originally Posted by gosse View Post
    On my end (with Firefox) the "search posts from" drop down box always resets to "A week ago and newer" and I always set it back to "36 months ago and newer" whenever I do a search to find anything.
    that'd be why! thanks very much