Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Yugo mausers

Expired Business
    SHEP546;
    "It looks like somebody is spreading rumors trying to tarnish your reputation, possibly one of these dealers you refused the sale to? "

Interesting theory, I would hope that people on here are a little more serious....

John

Expired Business
    BEN777LEMAY;
    "This is gonna be alot of work to transfer about 150 rifles...
    Yes it will add to the workload, should be done this week....

Hey JOHN , are they bathing in cosmoline ??? "
    They do have some cosmolene on them.

John

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Buster95's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ben777lemay View Post

come on guys, marstar is importing nice rifles at a good price.
    Its not like they will never have more of them !!!
    Don't take it personnal. The problem is, those rifles are very popular.
    They still have m48bo in stock but its a little more expensive

we all missed an opportunity over the time...
    +1000

Quote Originally Posted by buster95 View Post
    +1000
    +1000

Quote Originally Posted by Bistchen View Post
    I was able to purchase one. I called in around 10:30 pacific time. (AM)

I'm with John on this one. Where the hell did some of you hear that 30 or so were sold to a dealer??? Any proof or evidence from anyone or anywhere?

Some of you need to go back to grammar school. After re-reading the last page of this thread, some of you guys make no sense at all, let alone know how to spell. Please check what you wrote before posting.
    Bitschen, you bought a Yugo Mauser? When?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Wow! Quite a remarkable thread. I just got back to it, after initially reading only the first 3-4 posts. Here I'm thinking: "1: Fantastic deal. 2: No big lead up and the inevitable delays followed by all the bitching about why they arent here yet. A smooth non-dramatic deal by Marstar. ....and yet, somehow John gets crapped on!

Just hilarious! John, i am laughing with you, not at you on this one. Even when things go tickety-boo, somehow you attract all the weirdos like a fly to shiitte.

So...when do you expect the M59's to be in.

Bur, seriously; what kind of Mausers? Yugo's or some special surprises in the batch?
    I dislike having a battle of wits when my opponent comes unarmed....it just seems so unsportsmanlike!

BANNED
    Hey John,...or anyone.

I am hoping to get one from the second order and I really enjoy shooting irons. If I want the irons elevation to work correctly what gr. of 8mm mauser do I need to shoot?

Thanks!

The Yugo's made 198 gr bullets for a long time, so im guessing get 200 gr bullet. Some rifles shoot different too. I guess you will have to try a few different bullets. 150 gr, 170's, 195, but most likley it will like the 170-200 class.

Any ammo anticipated to be brought in to support these rifles or am I going to have another potential safe queen?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Until the Angels Fall View Post
    Hey John,...or anyone.

I am hoping to get one from the second order and I really enjoy shooting irons. If I want the irons elevation to work correctly what gr. of 8mm mauser do I need to shoot?

Thanks!
    Use 196 gr European manufacture FMJ should be the same ballistics as the German Army load. Don't use North American manufacture, as many of them seriously under load this round (for liability/safety reasons) because they're still scared of one getting chambered in the old .318" bore 8mm mausers.

You will also notice that all shoot about 8 to 10" high at 100 m. This is the way they were sighted in. If you want a point of aim impact, you'll need to get/make a higher front sight. I had a welder "build up" one of mine, and then we filed/ground it to a nice fine point. It really made a difference group wise as well. Hope this helps.