Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: DSR-1 Rifles are back!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer redleg's Avatar

DSR-1 Rifles are back!

Finally back in production and available in Canada. For those that had rifles on order they will be here in 30 days or so.
    Last edited by redleg; 05-07-2009 at 03:29 PM.

Morning Star

The Lightbringer
    having shot a couple of these rifles I can honestly say they are the single finest rifles I've ever shot. If I could afford one (or more) I'd definitely have one. If you can afford one, buy it, you won't regret it.
    Slavex
    It's always more fun to shoot stuff that does stuff.

Some Mornings, It's Just Not Worth Chewing Through The Leather Straps

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Will you be getting any that will be equiped with hensoldt scopes?. Are all of the ones ariving spoken for?. Which of the accessories will you be stocking?. And finally, what is the dfference between the tactical and the sport version?.

Thanks, Brian

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Well, I do have my "demo rifle" in .338LM not spoken for. It will have a hensholdt 3-12 x 56 SSG-P scope factory mounted on it.

The difference between the "Sport" and the "Tactical" is in the finish: When you order a Sport, you may get a plain stainless barrel and all the bits may not be subdued. However the Tactical has been "subdued" and has the barrel "blackened".

As far as accessories, we probably won't be stocking too many as they are REALLY REALLY expensive. But given our new, improved relationship with DSR, I am thinking that getting in bits and pieces will be a quick thing.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

The "demo rifle" is it a tactical version?. When I was in germany I saw and handled one in 338 and was quite impressed. However this one had a hendsolt scope but both the rifle and scope were coated with a desert camo. It was a special coating that was baked on by the factory prior to assembly of both the scope and rifle. Is this coating still available? or is it military only? and if it is available what would be the cost of a rifle and scope with the camo coating?.

Thanks, Brian

I saw it on your site when I started this thread
    http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...ad.php?t=71882
    10/22,M14s,CZ 858...Small list but growing!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer redleg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian46
    The "demo rifle" is it a tactical version?. When I was in germany I saw and handled one in 338 and was quite impressed. However this one had a hendsolt scope but both the rifle and scope were coated with a desert camo. It was a special coating that was baked on by the factory prior to assembly of both the scope and rifle. Is this coating still available? or is it military only? and if it is available what would be the cost of a rifle and scope with the camo coating?.

Thanks, Brian

Camo coatings are available but add about $1000 to the price of the rifle, and take an extra 4-6 months for delivery.

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redleg
    Camo coatings are available but add about $1000 to the price of the rifle, and take an extra 4-6 months for delivery.
    Actually it's $1200 extra for the rifle and $300 for the scope. I just finished quoting someone... Pretty pricey...

The "Demo Rifle" we have on order is a "Sporting" model.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

I have only seen the desert camo and would like to know what other colors are available?. If you could provide samples that would be the best. Which models of the hendsolt scopes are available with the camo for the 338 Lapua caliber?.

Thanks, Brian

here's the catalog...
    http://www.amp-ts.com/download/DSR_engl.pdf

this is the regular version that i've seen up at PoCo

i'm assuming this is the blacken'ed version

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast