Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2012 - Beretta ARX160A2 Rifle

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Armedsask's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grove View Post
    Will Beretta get SUED first for making a SCAR clone? HAHA

Jesus christ this tacticool crap is out of control.
    What are you smoking?
    The above post is the intellectual property of the person commenting under the pseudonym "Armedsask". These posts are for informational and entertainment use. Copying or quoting in whole, or in part, is given free license for use by any member of this board for use on this board. Any use, in whole or in part, for reference outside this forum requires the express written consent of its author.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone-wolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    It's just that exporting from the US seems to be more difficult then, say, China.
    Folding stock and threaded barrel will likely have to go.
    The wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like losing the folding stock is an option, if you watch the field strip videos the trigger group is released by pressing a detent in the hinge area; the BCG is removed rearward from here as well. I still don't really understand how this is different from the ACR but oh well, I guess ultimately we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed and see what happens.
    - Facta Non Verba -

I like that simple has everything you need in one package, I wonder when it will be available to the civillian market

It reminds me of the troy mcs stock for the m14, Especially around the mag housing

Beretta actually has someone from Italy at the show. My guess is that the semi auto version is designed at Italy and many parts (like FN products) will be made in Italy.

I will wager that Beretta will have news for a make-in-Italy semi-automatic civilian version for the European civilian market at IWA in March.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Bentleg View Post
    well it IS Italian... would you expect anything less..

think of it as a AR in 6 inch stilettos
    think of it as a SCAR that didn't know when to lay off the cookies

CGN Regular
    I think it's a unique design.... It's some what refreshing to see not just another AR and they're trying to think outside the box... But I think where they've tried to be innovative, they lots a lot of the customization options for the end user. With the AR if there's something you don't like, you can easily replace it with any 1 of the hundreds of companies that make aftermarket parts.... However, with this gun, you can't even customize something as simple as the pistol grip.... I don't know about you guys, but the standard A2 grip on my AR doesn't suit me... And was the first thing to go

That being said.... It is a little ugly.... I'd pass on it, unless someone graciously donated one to me for some long term test and evaluation

A few more photos. The lower one has a grenade launcher built in.

The barrel and piston assembly and the bolt carrier assembly are not in the correct relationship to each other in the photos. The shiny piston just above the barrel acts upon the long tang of the bolt carrier.

The barrel assembly comes out amazingly easily. Simply squeeze on the buttons (the black square button just ahead of the mag well) and yank out the barrel forwards.

Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    I will wager that Beretta will have news for a make-in-Italy semi-automatic civilian version for the European civilian market at IWA in March.

That made my day reading that! Anyway these can bypass the USSD the better!
    R.I.P.
    Long Gun Registry
    December 1st, 1998 - April 5, 2012

Never Again

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast