Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2012 - Robarms XCR-M 308 Rifle

This has become a long standing part of the NEED list

Quote Originally Posted by Epoxy7 View Post
    Or... it could be the new "orange" experimental loctite. It makes sense they would secretly introduce it for their biggest customers. 308 might require a new formula!!! Or it's the new orange "Hunter" formula so when the pieces fall off while hunting you can follow them back home.

All joking aside the XCR-M does look at least externally like they have made a few nice changes. It will be interesting to see how they shoot. That sucks that the stock isn't exportable. I think that change alone was a good one.

Dude, the stock IS exporting to Canada now. Alex himself has confirmed it and so has Wolverine. Al XCR-M's will ship with it. But probably the Canadian ones won't fold or some such.

BTW, that isn't experimental orange "loctite". You can't see the label but it's actually called "quicktite". It's imported from an Israeli company that uses it for fusing baseplates on mortar tubes. The chemical bonding process is nearly equal in value to the strong nuclear bonding force inside an atomic nucleus. It's highly restricted but Alex knows a guy with the import permit. Apparently you can not shoot the ones he has on display because actually-shootable models are impregnated with this quicktite, they're basically a block of orange quicktite inside.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ccwcanada View Post
    Dude, the stock IS exporting to Canada now. Alex himself has confirmed it and so has Wolverine. Al XCR-M's will ship with it. But probably the Canadian ones won't fold or some such.
    That stock in a non-folding configuration without a hinge would look pretty clean.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Still waiting for my southpaw variant.

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    That stock in a non-folding configuration without a hinge would look pretty clean.
    Yah it would be nice looking.

There is a user-review on it at xcrforum.com

http://xcrforum.com/index.php/topic,12633.0.html

and the guy says he'd rate it at about a B-. He says that in the folded configuration the fire-controls are too difficult to access.

I personally don't know why the heck you'd want a folding stock in the first place, or to shoot it like that - so you can look cool spraying from the hip? I don't know, give me a fixed stock any day over a folding one that can f-up on ya.

Other than that complaint he said the stock is great, with lots of config options for cheek weld and scope height etc (some of which he didn't understand how to work at first, so that poorly affected his rating).

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Epoxy7's Avatar
    Even without the folding option which is better, it would still be a nice improvement over the older style stock.

Rumor has it that the XCR-M will be test fired and then shipped in it's after firing condition. There was a sneak peak of one packaged up and ready to be shipped out.

Some assembly required!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ccwcanada View Post
    Yah it would be nice looking.

There is a user-review on it at xcrforum.com

http://xcrforum.com/index.php/topic,12633.0.html

and the guy says he'd rate it at about a B-. He says that in the folded configuration the fire-controls are too difficult to access.
    One of the reasons (yes I know there are others) that the AR15 platform is so popular is the string of options that one can build into it. When I look at the RA website there aren't many. There are barrel lengths and color options, but the only stock option is the folding stock. One would think that letting a consumer decide between the original skeleton stock, the old folding stock, this folding stock or a fixed version of this folding stock would bring more consumers to the trough. Hell, through in the AR buffer tube adapter option right from the factory for all the aftermarket stocks too! Or make the design capable of running all of these options. A chassis that would allow the mounting of the folding stock, but could be swapped out in favor of all the fixed and collapsible stocks given a universal mounting system.

Pick a color, and have unlimited barrel vs stock configurations not limited to whether you buy folding or non.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

^^^ For some reason I can't edit my own post. After typing the above, can someone actually tell me if the foldable stock and the associated hinge is all removeable?

CGN frequent flyer
    I like the look of it. Folding stock is a neat feature but functionally of little use. If the price is right and the QC is good I will certainly pick one up.

Are they going to keep the production of their -L's up? or are they going to retool completely for the -M's?
    Optima spera. Ad pessima para. Vires et honestas.
    Μολὼν λαβέ RTKBA
    I have too many guns, what a nice problem to have...