Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2012: STI 1911s

Freedom Ventures - CGN Sponsor Freedom Ventures's Avatar
    All the "4.0" Guns - the Lawman, Spartan, Tactical - are specifically made to 4.15" (107mm) for the Canadian Market.

STI Loves us Canucks.

Spartan 4.0s in 9 and 45 are due within a month.

Tactical 4.15s in 9 and 40 are in stock now (just been renamed to 4.0)

Lawman 4.0s will take a little while - They were the new surprise at the show. approx. 4 months.

Spartans are not available in 40 because 40 is currently the least popular of the 1911 calibers. 9 and 45 outsell it considerably. The Spartan is STI's budget priced; awesome value for cost product, so there's no sense adding overhead to 40 cal tooling that won't sell at the same level.

Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/freedom.ventures.92
    Follow us on Instagram at https://instagram.com/freedom_ventures/

Please do not PM- email us at sales@freedomventures.ca

www.freedomventures.ca (902) 455-5483

When I was making my list of booths to visit at SHOTSHOW 2012 no 1911 style pistols were on my list! My friend dave though was looking for an competiion style IPSC CDP gun, so I got dragged to every top quality company selling an 1911, do you know how many ther are!!! By far STI makes a 1911 for everone, built one at a time by qualified amourer's. THE STAFF WERE A MIX OF MANGEMENT STAFF AND EMPLOYEES OF THE FLOOR!! I wasn't looking to add a 1911 45 to my shooting box, but after going to SIG, KNightHawk Custom, Colt and another ten other makers, STI had the best puttogether bulleye 45 out the door wether custom or off the shelf. If it weren't for my friend Dave I wouldn't have to be saving $1700 for my next handgun!My friend Dave though did find his perfect 1911 gun a SIG MAX. If I were not to buy an STI this is the only model at the whole show I would consider. cheers Dale Z!

hehehe they said STI......
    As far as I'm concerned, I prefer silent vice to ostentatious virtue.
    Albert Einstein

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mebiuspower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Ventures View Post
    All the "4.0" Guns - the Lawman, Spartan, Tactical - are specifically made to 4.15" (107mm) for the Canadian Market.

STI Loves us Canucks.
    But honestly why not just stick with commander length? Wouldn't it cost more to produce non-standard slides and barrel?

Could someone explain...

On the picture you guys took, the Spartan 4 seems to have a bull barrel (no bushing) but on the STI web site, there's a bushing... Which is the real setup ?
    ---
    Life is a lemon and I want my money back !

CGN Ultra frequent flyer krausb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wess1911 View Post
    Could someone explain...

On the picture you guys took, the Spartan 4 seems to have a bull barrel (no bushing) but on the STI web site, there's a bushing... Which is the real setup ?
    For whatever reason, the picture on the STI website is of the 5" version of the Spartan,which is a traditional bushing/barrel gun. The Spartan 4, as shown above, uses STI's bushingless bull barrel like most of STI's 4.15 inch guns.

I'm not sure why the wrong picture comes up on the website. Hopefully the fix that...

STI's website says the 4" models are 4.26" Barrels, so 108.2mm? not that it really matters, I am just really stoked for the Spartan IV.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalpin View Post
    oh ya ... God bless our wonderful mag capacities/restrictions in this wonderful country!!
    lol Just looking at ANY mag option for the Tactical, and I realize all of them have to be pinned....how great......

I don't understand any of the F8cking r*tarded laws we have here... there is NO logical reason for limiting it to 10 rounds... none...

Most of the 1911 companies including STI are making 4.25 inch barreled guns to be compliant I was told with California Sate laws? STI certainly had a few(4.25") in that lenght that I handled, not sure thought to model, seem to lost my Cataloge between LAS Vegas and Thunder Bay! Dale Z!

Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    But honestly why not just stick with commander length? Wouldn't it cost more to produce non-standard slides and barrel?
    Zywina has one good answer in post 19 -- California. Another possible reason comes from the Ed Brown company which states that a true 4 inch barreled gun is a bit less reliable than the traditional 5 inch but 4.25 is just as reliable.

Don't ask me; I haven't even got my first 1911 yet.
    Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
    - Seneca the Younger

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast