Thread: Weatherby PA08/PA08 TR

Weatherby PA08/PA08 TR

Hi,

I had a few questions regarding the Weatherby PA08 and PA08TR which you distribute.

Are the barrels interchangeable and identical except for length and choke? (e.g. can i safely use the 18" TR barrel on the non-TR gun and do the finishes match?)

Is the TR barrel available separately?

Thanks,

P

No answer at all? Not to a PM, or to a post? Seriously?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by pubb View Post
    No answer at all? Not to a PM, or to a post? Seriously?
    They are not a parts store. Why not call a dealer?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tuco Pike's Avatar
    Exactly... Call them. Their first post says they don't monitor this, they only use it to promote a new product or something. For answers, call them.

Only desert in Canada overlooking the Thompson River.

Weatherby Nation

A post to Weatherby Nation which I believe is administered by Weatherby should get you some answers.

I asked here because they are the distributor for Ontario. They could say, "yes, we do sell the barrels separately and Frontier Firearms (just throwing their name out there) orders them from us." or they might say, "no, we only distribute full firearms, getting replacement barrels to swap out may take a while". At least tell me to go $hit in my hat.

Calling my LGS wasn't helpful. They don't do much sales of Weatherby. They said that they deal with North Sylva for other lines and would order items in for me. Before I do that, I want to make sure what I want to do is feasible.

From North Sylva's own words:
    Quote Originally Posted by North_Sylva View Post

Please note that our company does NOT sell to the public. And due to that we will not be listing pricing on any of our upcoming items. However, we would be more than happy to point you in the direction of the stocking dealer closest to you.

Please also note that this is not a discussion forum. While we will be more than happy to answer any questions about products and availability, we ask that all discussions regarding products are best kept in their appropriate forums.

If you have any questions please feel free to send a PM. However we ask that you don't phone our facility directly as we are already overwhelmed due to dealer inquiries.
    The reality is that they did not point me in the direction of the stocking dealer closest to me. They did not answer questions about products or availability. They did not respond to a PM.

Thanks for the tip re: Weatherby Nation.

P

Please note, we do not monitor this forum as often as we would like.

I'll double check to see if we received your PM. I don't have the answer to this question at the moment, but I would be more than happy to contact our Weatherby reps and find out for you.

Thanks,

I finally just contacted Weatherby directly. According to the nice lady I spoke with, the barrels are interchangeble, and identical (except for size) but the new barrel needs to be fitted to the receiver and inspected by a factory-authorized gunsmith. There are two in Canada: Ellwood Epps is one. Someone in BC is the other.

P