Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2012: F&D Defence FD308

Unfortunatley it looks like it is on a standardish 308 AR lower which is the legal firearm so it would probably be restricted. Although if some Canadian company wanted to mate that upper to another non restricted lower(probably something completley new) you could probably squeeze a non restricted classification out of it. Just my opinion, but damn that is a sexy rifle.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms" - Thomas Jefferson
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin
    Proud Member of the the CPC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Reciprocating charging handle or not?

I love the look.
    If you're going through hell, keep going.

CGN frequent flyer
    Non-reciprocating.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer F22_RaptoR's Avatar
    Looks like an Awesome firearm! Machining and function looks to be very well done.

Obviously will be restricted as a variant... Don't kid yourselves guys, if the RCMP makes a .22 AK47 clone prohibited, they WILL restrict this thing. I'd still buy one anyways :D

Quote Originally Posted by Armedsask View Post
    That's genius!
    That is a very nice system!
    I am not even sure How much beer I drank Toyad.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by F22_RaptoR View Post
    Looks like an Awesome firearm! Machining and function looks to be very well done.

Obviously will be restricted as a variant... Don't kid yourselves guys, if the RCMP makes a .22 AK47 clone prohibited, they WILL restrict this thing. I'd still buy one anyways :D
    The RCMP needs to no longer be in charge of making the rules. They are supposed to be an enforcment agency.
    Mike

BANNED
    Just like the XCR, although the lower has certain similarities with an AR-15 lower, it is NOT a standard AR-15 design. So I think there is a chance this could be non-res.

very cool

CGN Ultra frequent flyer F22_RaptoR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sewktbk View Post
    Just like the XCR, although the lower has certain similarities with an AR-15 lower, it is NOT a standard AR-15 design. So I think there is a chance this could be non-res.
    Although there is a chance, its extremely small, I would literally say 1 in a million. Things like the Bolt head and barrel extension CANNOT be interchangeable with the AR15, now this gun has a very interesting way of clamping the barrel down with the handguard, but it could still use a normal AR10 barrel extension and bolt head. If that's the case those ALONE would classify it as an AR10 variant.

If they use a completely proprietary barrel extension and bolt, and NONE of the parts save for buffer tube maybe, there is still just a slim chance of it, and the company would need to bend over backwards in its literature and advertising...

Then there's the fact that it does look like an AR10... Would be exceedingly difficult to get it classified as non restricted. And then on top of that, what's to say the RCMP couldn't just go and change their mind and classify it as an AR10 variant? The XCR got off because it WAS literally built from the ground up, everything about it is different than an AR15.

Quote Originally Posted by mike shickele View Post
    The RCMP needs to no longer be in charge of making the rules. They are supposed to be an enforcment agency.
    Mike
    And THIS would be the only way to do it. Get someone either pro-gun or completely neutral to do the classifications, and completely remove the RCMP's ability to classify, determine AND interpret a guns FRT status. Keep them as a law enforcement agency, NOT a law making and enforcing agency!

An ACR uses a modified AR barrel, with an AR15 extension, uses AR15 magazines and trigger. It is non-restricted with the appropriate barrel length.

If the upper and lower on the FD308 do not mate to a conventional AR10 upper, or lower, and the charging mechanism, and the bolt are different, which it appear to be from looking at the website, than perhaps there is a good chance of NR status. It would appear that only the barrel, LPK, and stock and grip, could be used on a AR10. Is that enough to make restricted?

The rifle is marked .308 and can be ordered with a 20" barrel, so we should be able to import it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast