Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Laser Devices Inc DBAL-I2 Aiming Laser

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Korporal View Post
    The pros and people that know quality s**t buy this sort of gear. The price is normal
    The Pros?? LOL The Pros would be paying $700 like they are in the U.S. Not $1300

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by rivetc78 View Post
    The Pros?? LOL The Pros would be paying $700 like they are in the U.S. Not $1300
    We due that on everything American or European, why would this be any different.??

http://www.tnvc.com/shop/ldi-dbal-i2-class-1-ir-laser/

$741.00 — $896.00 + Tax's and shipping of course...according to their own website.

Great piece of kit, price sucks with all things considered but there is now around that, dealer has to make something. If you got the coin then it is great!

I'm a bit confused from the after post #4 from Target Sports. Maybe they can confirm some things:

Why include the picture of the OTAL-A and ITAL-A? I note that these units (which are more heavily controlled in their original form, in the US at least) have an "or" clause, which states they have either the visible laser, or the IR.

Is the model being brought in actually a modified OTAL (or ITAL)? Modified as in the lower powered green visible laser?

If not, with the DBAL-I2, I presume that the IR "guts" are removed, and that is where the second laser that the original post mentioned (being both red and green) is mounted?
    Does this mean it is still the DBAL-I2 housing, with just different internals?

Who is doing the modifications? Is the unit modified by LDI at the factory, or after the fact by the Canadian distributor?

Finally, are you willing to entertain looking into the export permits required for the full IR version? I've been lead to believe (by the US DoS, no less) that it should be possible.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Leibermuster View Post
    We due that on everything American or European, why would this be any different.??

http://www.tnvc.com/shop/ldi-dbal-i2-class-1-ir-laser/

$741.00 — $896.00 + Tax's and shipping of course...according to their own website.

Great piece of kit, price sucks with all things considered but there is now around that, dealer has to make something. If you got the coin then it is great!
    $700 is for a unit WITH IR functions. Take out the most important part....then what is it worth? $350? $450

CGN Ultra frequent flyer blaxsun's Avatar
    $700 is for a unit WITH IR functions. Take out the most important part....then what is it worth? $350? $450
    "Before me things create were none, save things Eternal,
    and eternal I endure. All hope abandon ye who enter here."
    Tune in next week... Same
    Bat time, same Bat channel.

BANNED
    Yeah you are right, I just noticed that in the initial thread...Without the IR function that is a no buy for me if I were in the market again.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxsun View Post
    [IMG]feedtroll.jpg[/IMG]
    Baiting me on this thread too? How mature. You are the Troll

A few of us here are discussing this new product available from LDI.

I wonder if the options and accessories are also available??

Contributing Dealer Target Sports Center's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BMDKitchener View Post
    I'm a bit confused from the after post #4 from Target Sports. Maybe they can confirm some things:

Why include the picture of the OTAL-A and ITAL-A? I note that these units (which are more heavily controlled in their original form, in the US at least) have an "or" clause, which states they have either the visible laser, or the IR.

Is the model being brought in actually a modified OTAL (or ITAL)? Modified as in the lower powered green visible laser?

If not, with the DBAL-I2, I presume that the IR "guts" are removed, and that is where the second laser that the original post mentioned (being both red and green) is mounted?
    Does this mean it is still the DBAL-I2 housing, with just different internals?

Who is doing the modifications? Is the unit modified by LDI at the factory, or after the fact by the Canadian distributor?

Finally, are you willing to entertain looking into the export permits required for the full IR version? I've been lead to believe (by the US DoS, no less) that it should be possible.

The units we are selling are assembled as complete units by the factory, currently we are not in a position to offer the IR units, we spoke to the distributor and made it clear that no IR units are currently available for commercial sales, while exemptions due exist for LE/MIL under ITAR - they are only for organizations and not individuals who work for the agencies - unless the authorizing person or persons are willing to sign off for you. OTAL & ITAL units will also be available but strictly in visible laser configurations, if anything changes we will advise all who are interested.
    Target Sports Canada
    905-888-8288 Phone
    905-888-8688 Fax
    RANGE/STORE HOURS

• MONDAY-SATURDAY 10AM-9PM
    • SUNDAY & HOLIDAYS 10AM-6PM

[b]info@targetsportscanada.com

Thanks for the response. Clears up my questions.

While I would still prefer the IR model, for those that are on the fence with these, I have to say the green visible laser is very cool. Super bright, even in the middle of the day, and are a lot of fun on the range (which is what we'd all be using this version of the DBAL for anyway!)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tom_Swift's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BMDKitchener View Post
    Thanks for the response. Clears up my questions.

While I would still prefer the IR model, for those that are on the fence with these, I have to say the green visible laser is very cool. Super bright, even in the middle of the day, and are a lot of fun on the range (which is what we'd all be using this version of the DBAL for anyway!)
    Not entirely true, for most people the lack of IR function is a deal breaker. Many Canadians are starting to pick up Gen3 NVG's whether passive or active for professional (training) and hobby purposes. Because "owning the night" is just damn cool.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast