Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Laser Devices Inc DBAL-I2 Aiming Laser

Contributing Dealer Target Sports Center's Avatar

Laser Devices Inc DBAL-I2 Aiming Laser

We have confirmation on an order of Laser Devices DBAL-I2 weapons aiming lasers, these are being imported by the Canadian distributor and have full warranty support. They will consist of a laser aiming unit that has the following, dual laser aiming modules - one laser will be red & the other is green, they do not have the IR function. The Laser Devices DBAL-I2 have factory QD levers, and will be available in black & flat dark earth.Those interested can pre-order them without deposit, they will be retailing for $1285.00 plus tax & shipping.
    Target Sports Canada
    905-888-8288 Phone
    905-888-8688 Fax
    RANGE/STORE HOURS

• MONDAY-SATURDAY 10AM-9PM
    • SUNDAY & HOLIDAYS 10AM-6PM

[b]info@targetsportscanada.com

When will they be coming in, and I will take a black one. How, do I pre order?
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by R711 View Post
    When will they be coming in, and I will take a black one. How, do I pre order?
    Andy
    The units have been ordered and are expected in 6 weeks, you can email Paul to be placed on our list

paul@targetsportscanada.com
    Target Sports Canada
    905-888-8288 Phone
    905-888-8688 Fax
    RANGE/STORE HOURS

Target Sports Canada
    905-888-8288 Phone
    905-888-8688 Fax
    RANGE/STORE HOURS

BANNED
    Why No IR???
    $1300 for a Laser pointer?? You are not serious are you?

Quote Originally Posted by rivetc78 View Post
    Why No IR???
    $1300 for a Laser pointer?? You are not serious are you?
    I think IR falls under the ITAR no-go, even if eye-safe.

To be fair to Target Sports, there aren't many green visible laser options out there. Well, any, really. The Viridian ones are primarily for handgun (though the universal ones will fit on a long gun, they look very strange, and do not appear to be optimized for that platform in terms of ergonomics).

I never begrudge a retailer selling a product for $XX amount, because they're free to determine their costs, etc. If people don't like it, they don't have to buy it.

What is frustrating is that in the case the benefits of the green vis laser don't seem to outweigh the costs. (For me, anyway). I'm sure that Target Sports didn't just pull the number from thin air.

However.

Given that a functional IR/Green vis unit costs ~ $900 is the States, I'm personally not interested in buying a neutered vis only option (1/2 the functionality) for $400 more.

As far as no IR, I believe the problem lies (again) with the US DoS and export controls. There are a lot of exemptions for LE and MIL use with this particular unit, but apparently not so much (even with export certs, it would seem) for civ users.

It's really too bad. I've played with the real units before, and they are definately very cool. The green vis laser is very bright, and much more easily seen than a red one. The IR is awesome too, though obviously only if you have the NODs to play with.

The most frustrating thing about ITAR is how it seems to be arbitrary in so many regards. I can understand exports on a lot of controlled goods, but these units are completely non-controlled in the States.

If people are interested and willing to pay the extra money for a green vis laser, more power to 'em. It just sucks that the compromises (and high cost as a result) had to be made.

BANNED
    I dunno about ITAR.....

But is it really a Laser Devices DBAL-I2 if it doesn;t have any IR functions??

I would rather spend cash like that on a DBAL.D2

If I hold out on this one is there any chance of getting the dbal d2 for my sr-25 emc from you guys?

This stuff is not your gay-ass NcStar variety garbage people. The pros and people that know quality #### buy this sort of gear. The price is normal (too bad no ir. I would be jumping on it too).
    R.I.P.
    Long Gun Registry
    December 1st, 1998 - April 5, 2012

Never Again

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast