Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Offensive video

Quote Originally Posted by arkangel06 View Post
    Has anyone sent this screen shot to Tony Bernardo or the CSSA? I'm sure Tony would love to do something about the unauthorized use of their trademark........

CGN Regular
    Disliked the video.

Tell these f##kheads how you feel: myspace.com/camoflaugetoronto

Also, he said clips...

I think it's time for a dress code similar to some bars at the range. No backwards caps, cornrows, or anything that can be interpreted as gang colors, at the range's discretion.

Can the CSSA help legally since their logo and publication was clearly identifiable? Is that not a copyright issue? Also, the Blue Jays may take issue, their logo needs permission as well.

I'm a member at TSE, my son and I shoot there at least once a week. It is safe and clean. I have not met one employee at TSE that I believe would have any part in this bulls**t video. I would hope that TSE won't lose business because of this unfortunate incident. It is a great place to shop ( I've bought half the rifles I own there! ) and a safe ( despite this video ) and fun place to shoot!

Quote Originally Posted by sidester View Post
    Where Can I buy the DVD of this...... s**t !
    Is it sold at TSE ?

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phaxtris View Post
    wow, over reaction is an understatement, i am not in the least offended by the video nor does it make me think any less of TSE
    On the other hand do i believe that the management at TSE had 0 knowledge of this video taking place? No, do i care ? No, im sure money changed hands at some level and permission was given and this shot after hours, business is business, i dont see any laws being broken.

Now what i do believe is this is some kind of public 'damage control' measure being taken on by ownership after the fact in response to a perceived loss of revenue/reputation. Which offends me much more than this video ever could, that along with many of the people in this thread, it feels awful liberal to me, 'because i don't like it they shouldn't be able to do it.....'
    Unfortunately I need to disagree with you on this. When "photos" were being taken in the retail, our staff thought and were told they were taking "stills". The bulk of the filming was done with a licensed member who borrowed some of our firearms and allowed this behaviour.

It is our fault for not monitoring closer!

You bet your ass we do now! We have also increased camera coverage, staff training and signage.

Remember this video originally came out 9 months ago and we came out fighting hard then and had it removed. Now we will do teh same, but we are not stopping at that!.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

unreal

Umm did you watch this video at all? that white kid was waving that ar around with a closed bolt and mag in. If i was at a range and someone was lazing me like that I wouldnt even hesitate to fire on him.

Also is doesnt matter if "management" can't be around 24/7, if they cant and they leave someone els in charge that is irresponsible they are still at fault. And I know for a fact the amount of footage they have they had to have been there for hours and hours taping or on multiple days.

The unsafe part is waving guns around all over the place down other lanes and at the other guy in the video with mags in and closed bolt. As I said before that wouldn't fly with me or anyone els I know.

And I am far from scared of gun safety. 3 years in 1 RCR doing live fire ranges with 50 to 500 people running all over the place, shooting over people, past people, and having others fire in my close direction on auto. And this video make me sick

Quote Originally Posted by phaxtris View Post
    wow, over reaction is an understatement, i am not in the least offended by the video nor does it make me think any less of TSE

i think some of you guys need to take a step back from your own personal fears for a second and take a real look at the video....please what do you find so unsafe and scary...

The only time shooting takes place it is at paper targets down range while wearing ear and eye protection. When the two 'rappers' in the video are shown waving the guns around they are obviously in a closed range, and given the safety precautions taken in the shooting scene's there is no reason to believe the guns are even loaded.
    The scenes depicted in the store are mostly of guns behind the counter, or of trigger locked guns, and yes i did see the scene with the staff member is laying out loaded magazines onto an open case with several other guns (trigger locked). How is that any different from loading up your hunting rifle in the case with rounds in one of those butt stock things? or going to the range with loaded magazines in your range bag?

this video if anything discredits these 'gangsters' as being anything more than b level musicians, do you honestly believe that the general public would take these two as crazy unsafe gun owners ? i would be more concerned if they were shooting at houses or cars, rather than paper targets at an indoor range.

On the other hand do i believe that the management at TSE had 0 knowledge of this video taking place? No, do i care ? No, im sure money changed hands at some level and permission was given and this shot after hours, business is business, i dont see any laws being broken.

Now what i do believe is this is some kind of public 'damage control' measure being taken on by ownership after the fact in response to a perceived loss of revenue/reputation. Which offends me much more than this video ever could, that along with many of the people in this thread, it feels awful liberal to me, 'because i don't like it they shouldn't be able to do it.....'

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I got a good laugh out of how sh**ty the song and video are. What a couple of dorks.

I just confirmed an order with TSE today before viewing the video and definitely won't be cancelling it because of something like that. If the service and product are good, I'll continue sending them my money.

Dislike all the videos on the profile. One posted this on the youtube account. Just dislike all the videos - WILL get in his head at least. If he sees 3000 dislikes that might clue him in how serious this is. The disliking is working at least. All videos on that account dislike.

"Naw man... there's a hater/fan going around disliking Gangis Khan's videos! This fool made a 100 fake accounts so he can flag and dislike his ####! Some GOOFS got nothing better to do with their time! Get off the mans d*ck homo! THIS TRACK & VIDEO GO HARD!"

Quote Originally Posted by sewktbk View Post
    Who said anything about unsafe handling of anything??

The problem with this video is quite simple : it links wannabe rappers who talk about shooting up people to responsible firearm owners and ranges.

I you really don't understand that, take a minute to think about this :
    imagine if Wendy came across that video, and included it in a nice little anti-gun documentary that was broadcasted across Canada, just before the LGR is scrapped?? Naming the range, saying that gun owners that "say" they are law abiding are in fact rednecks and thugs who are linked to gang violence??
    You dont need this video to make gun owners look like rednecks and thugs, there are many other videos on you tube with more than 13,000 views to do that, and im sure someone like wendy could come up with better examples within 15 minutes of surfing.

I would also be willing to bet these two wannabe rappers have no more than a speeding ticket on their respective criminal records. I have no doubt that linking them to actual gang violence would be next to impossible, making it very much illegal (slander, defamation of character, etc) to broadcast on any kind of television network.
    Not to mention having to use rental guns leads me to believe they are not actually gun owners, and probably not even licensed to own a gun, so lumping these two in with legal gun owners is pretty hard.

All that aside, do you honestly believe that it would be possible to put together an even semi credible hour long documentary that anything other than a local cable channel would pick up based on a 3 minute long youtube video? the best thing someone like wendy could hope for is a 2 minute spiel on the tail end of some local news program.

and let me remind you this is a 3 minute long youtube video with 2 b level musicians that has 13,000 views, i bet 3000-4000 of those views are from this website alone! if it had 700,000 or 800,000 views it might be cause for concern

get over yourselves guys, this isnt the smoking gun the anti's are looking for

Whos the chick @ 2:34?