Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: Offensive video

CGN frequent flyer BlaqueJacqueShallaque's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanhope View Post
    You can contact youtube and tell them that the footage was illegally created without your permission or some crap. They will take it down in a heartbeat.

Or claim copyright, they won't even check -.-
    100% true.
    Member: CSSA NFA CPC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TV-PressPass's Avatar
    I'd be curious to see how much traction a legal challenge to this is.

Fact is, they were allowed in, and the footage they filmed there is their property. Where and how they choose to distribute it is up to them.

Fortunately these fellas probably don't know their journalism related privacy laws particularly well. I'm sure a scary letter with a lawyers signature would be enough to get them to pull it.

You can establish rules beforehand. But once the video is shot, the cat is out of the bag.

CGN Regular
    Made me laugh when they had the SR/22 on a tripod. LOL.

Its a pretty good video really.

I haven't watched the video (I'm on my cell phone at work), but I wanted to chime in. tse has already publicly condemned what has happened, and is considering legal action. there was a range member present who should have been responsible, blame him, not tse.

tse not only supports this site, but our hobby as well. don't let the bottom 2% ruin things for everyone else. I'll watch the video when I get home, and if my opinion changes I'll retract this post and change my opinion. they run a business, what are they supposed to do, turn away everyone with a backwards hat?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 300Spartans's Avatar
    illegal guns
    That's part of the problem, because these ones are legal.

We spend time trying to cultivate an image of law-abiding, community safe firearms owners with PALs and (to date) registered firearms.

Then the press and the anti groups watch a video showing gangsta wannabes handling and training with firearms at a legal range all the while spewing out their gang-culture lyrics.

Joe on the street would just nod his head at Mayor Miller's decision to shut down more ranges after watching this video. It hinders our image and our fight to win the public.
    Liberals really like POOR people, they're making more of them every day. --- Bearhunter (with permission)

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanhope View Post
    You can contact youtube and tell them that the footage was illegally created without your permission or some crap. They will take it down in a heartbeat.

Or claim copyright, they won't even check -.-
    Actually I disagree. It's a labrynth process and it took two weeks last time and we have yet to get a response this time.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

CGN Ultra frequent flyer forbes/hutton's Avatar
    TSE should make sure that the former members name is well know to ALL the ranges in the GTA and should also inform the CFO of his actions and the actions allowed under his supervision.

I wouldn't want a clown like that on a range near me or even on the same property.
    I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense.

Doesn't make me think less of TSE....
    Blemish on the sport, Yes. I'll get over it.

First shot in 2010 eh? If I put on my tinfoil hat and watch the video it becomes quite apparent that David Miller hired these morons in an attempt to prove that thugs DO practise among the law-abiding and that all ranges should be closed for ever. But when I take the conspiracy hat off it just looks like a bunch of morons got together and made a video to use for their circle-jerk.