Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Shipping cost

No excuse not to give you a call before hitting you with a charge like that. The shipping may very well have cost that much but no-one would expect it so a call should have been in order.

Expired Business
    ALBAYO;
    "Marstar is in Quebec"
    SORRY but we are in eastern Ontario

shipping

That seems extreme! Just today wolverine quoted me on 1000 round can of 223 from winnipeg to southern ontario a $50 shipping charge. Now that seems fair, not 260 plus.

Expired Business
    RANDAS;

1 We do give quotes to ne and all who request it....

2) The customer in this case has NOT contacted me so I can verify the issue.... john@marstar.ca

John

At the end of the day, buyer be ware. That being said, I made the same mistake.
    Last edited by Marlin444; 02-01-2012 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beargun View Post
    You may wish to give your clients a heads up on the cost of shipping. I was sickened to see my bill for two crates of 7.62x25 ammo with a shipping charge of 263.43. I will not be getting any more ammo from you. PS Trade Ex will ship for free!
    Budget Shooter Supply had 7.62x39 - 1200 round crates for $215+tax+$15 for shipping to my postal in Greater Vancouver. They were a couple more dollars than a local downtown vancouver shop but that was to my door and I didn't have to spend the time and gas money to go pick it up downtown. If I had the downtown dealer ship it to me I believe the cost for shipping was in the $60 range and that was a 25km distance. I would see if BSS has your caliber in stock and go with them.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer albayo's Avatar
    Sorry John. Old habits are hard to break, I was thinking of International Firearms.
    So you were paying attention to the thread. Beargun did you personally contact John before starting the thread, or were you just comparing shipping costs with others?

Like John said call for a quote. Unfortunately (when it comes to shipping) Canada is a huge friggin country so sometimes it pays to shop much closer to home. I requested a quote to get it to B.C. and a case of ammo ends up being substantially more than what I can buy it for locally. I'm sure they have great products/service but unfortunately due to my location it doesn't make sense for ME to buy from them. With ANY internet purchases always check shipping/import fees. Can't get mad at other people if we cant take the time to do our homework.

Getting a firm solid price is a must before entering any payment info. If you cant get it instantly online through the shopping cart, try email, or calling on the phone. I agree that anything near a $200 shipping charge should have been verified by the seller before shipping as well though.

And I would always deal directly with any issue before posting about it online.

I have always had a positive experience with Marstar and would certainly not hesitate to deal with again, but their order system does seem a little out of wack. SFRC has shipping quotes right on their site before you finalize a purchase, even for firearms. still love you marstar.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast